Chapter 40

"Yōta, stop complaining!" Mūn yelled at his younger brother.

The poor first year was out of breath, "How are you.......still........." He fainted from exhaustion.

It was the first day of training camp. Mūn groaned now being responsible to carry him out, "Why did you let him in the first-string? The second string would've conditioned him to at least survive the first day."

Yumi explained the decision, "His skills are promising, just like yours. I'm surprised you didn't make it last year."

"Arigatou, Yumi-chan, but....." he eyes hid in the shadow of his hair, ".....compared to Akashi, we all looked bad."

"Oh..." It all made sense. "As for your brother, I'm sure Nebuya-senpai can-"

The new second year easily lifted his younger brother over his shoulder like a sac of rice, "I'm used to it."

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

The team went grocery shopping for dinner. Just like last year, it was Nebuya who created the dinner menu. Food was not a concern for tonight. Mayumi was actually in an aisle not related to food. She was looking for epsom salts to let the team recover. Especially their first year, he was still at the inn recovering.

"Yumi-chan, you're so kind!" Mibuchi complimented, "You really are the mother of our team."

"You don't have to spoil us because of my brother."

Everyone but Akashi came with to browse. Akashi was the only one who could control Nebuya's budget. Initially, Yumi was going to just let Yōta to get a epsom salt bath. But that would be unfair to the other members. Plus, they all needed treat their bodies.

Hayama ran to the manger holding the product begging, "Can we please get lavender?!"

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
Razukan

Hayama floated in the bath, "Ahhh.......this is relaxing......"

Yōta floated next to him, "You're so right, Hayama-senpai......."

"You two......" Mūn trailed off seeing two of the same person, "ah, never mind." Handling one just was already too much.

Mibuchi enjoyed the aroma, "Lavender is such a lovely scent."

The snoring bubble from Nebuya popped, "Huh??" He looked around again, "Where the heck is Akashi?! He is missing out one heck of a experience!"

"Let him enjoy his private time with Yumi-chan," Mibuchi leaned back to relax, "It's probably best that we take our time."

Nebuya whistled, "That damn man."

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
Kayano Mayumi

Finally, all the dishes were washed. Everything was clean. Mayumi stretched her arms, "That about does it." She turned to the team captain, "You should go join the others-" Akashi lifted her up to sit on the kitchen counter. "What are you-"

"Shh," his hand snuck behind her head and pulled her into a kiss.

They had at least half an hour to themselves.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"Get up," Akashi ordered, "Your stamina won't improve if you keep laying down like that." The poor first year was laying on the floor from exhaustion again on the second day.

Yumi kneeled next to him, "He has a point. Come on," she tapped his shoulder, "Just look forward to the rewarding dinner and bath." That got him to get up slowly and weakly.