Chapter 48

It was their last year of high school. It just felt like yesterday when the they started their first year.

Now being third years, everyone at school really attached the whole emperor and empress title to them. It was quite enjoyable, being seen as royalty. The treatment......it amazed her how some people are willing to do anything she says. Especially the underclassmen.

Mayumi became the captain of the Kyūdō Club. Her priority now shifted to this club because of the role. She was gone every other day as that was when kyūdō practice was. Luckily the team can manage without her with Akashi there.

Mūn became the vice captain of the basketball club, everyone knew who was the captain. Akashi is the only student to hold that position for all three years. The team had trained other previous first-years in the first string team knowing the uncrowned kings would leave.

Of course they had Yōta, who actually was chosen to take the captain role after Akashi. The announcement was made during the summer training camp. "What?" Yōta was in disbelief, "You're expecting me to replace that?!" He pointed at the current captain.

Akashi was serious, "Your skills are nowhere near mine. Your stamina is still lacking and both your offense and defense need help. That instinct of yours is the only thing keeping you up to par with me." The second year small forward was hurt. Akashi put his hand on his shoulder, "There's room for improvement. Lots of improvement. I'll be seeing your training myself."

"Ehhh?!"

Kento was their shooting guard. His personality matched Yōta's.......just multiplied. He was hyper energetic and he was friendly. The look gave the same impression. The fact he had brown hair and blue eyes to match everyone's dream guy attracted a lot of......supporters for the basketball club. Just imagine the crowd when he makes a basket.

Tadashi took over the center role. His height was perfect for the role. His build was nowhere compared to Nebuya, but..... Yumi sweat dropped thinking about, who would match that body build? What got Yumi's heart was the fact that his personality was a giant soft and fluffy marshmallow. That's the best and literally description of it. He is so sweet! The timidness only added to it.

"Um....." he poked her shoulder twice to get her attention, "So for dinner.....what do you want?"

She talked sweetly to him, "I'm fine with anything."

"I'm fine with anything too! But I........" he scratched his head to hide the embarrassment, "I can't cook......"

"Don't worry," she winked, "I'll help you."

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

One day near the end of training camp while they went grocery shopping, something caught Mayumi's sharp eyes. Something sparkled in the alleyway......the dark alleyway.

A whimper pierced through her ears. Hearing it set of a primitive need to check it out. Akashi looked back and caught her wandering off, "Mayumi." He saw what she entered in. His concern was heard, "Mayumi!"

He quickly caught up to her before she went down further. By then she spotted where the sparkle was coming from. Akashi stopped her, "Don't."

The cry was heard. It was recognizable. Mayumi grabbed her phone and turned on the flashlight. The source of the sound was revealed and confirmed. It was a pitbull puppy. The black coat made it invisible in the dark. The black eyes were reflective, maybe that's what sparkled in the light and got her attention.

Akashi pulled her out alleyway breaking the two away. She pulled back stopping them, "Wait! Seijūrō, the-"

"You are not picking up a stray puppy," he quickly disagreed to the idea.