Chapter 43

Razukan arrived at Tokyo for the Winter Cup. Yōta gawked at Akashi's house, "Holy cow!"

Hayama rushed in, "I call first dibs on the bath!"

"I call second!" The first year followed right after.

After she settled her stuff in, she grabbed the folder her brother wanted to deliver to him. "Are you ready?" She asked her assigned escort.

Akashi finished unpacking, "Let's go."

They decided to walk as the city was busy and Taro's office was in walking distance. As they walked Mayumi kept glancing at the man. Something that Mine told her couldn't get out of her head.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"What happened back there?" She asked, "I thought you wouldn't be effected by his normal glare."

Just remembering it made Mine nervous, "You know how his emperor eye is all intimidating and menacing?"

Why was the emperor eye mentioned? Didn't it disappear after the summer game? Yumi nodded remembering its look, "Did it appear?"

"Yes? But, no?" Mine continued to explain, "It looked like.....it looked like both of his eyes were transforming into it."

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

She remembered the detail Mine told her. His eyes weren't orange, but were becoming that color. Mine was sure to mention that she saw both maroon and orange. The thought of seeing Akashi having two orange emperor eyes was already haunting her.

Mayumi wanted to find out more, "Say, Seijūrō......." she continued when he turned his attention to her, "When your other self disappeared, your skills where transferred to you right?"

Akashi nodded and openly added, "Possibly more stronger than it was before."

That didn't really answer her intended question, "What about the orange color?"

"Yoshimasa told you, didn't she?" He caught her intention, "That was due to the strong emotion to protect you and the anger I had at the time." He stopped her to emphasize, "So don't make me mad."

She trailed off remembering what happened at that time, "I didn't intend to......"

"Who said I was mad at you?"

"But weren't you?"

"What color were my eyes?"

She remembered, "Maroon."

"You have your answer."

So was he implying that he'll never be mad at her? Her curiosity spoke out, "So I can do anything and you won't be mad at me?"

He turned sharply and pinned his hand to the wall blocking her path with his arm. "If you misbehave, I'll just discipline you."

"What am I, a child?"

His eyes moved up and down on her and a smirk formed, "You're more of a woman."

It took Mayumi a moment to understand the mature meaning behind his initial statement. "No! You're not-" she couldn't bring herself to address it so she ducked under past his arm to retreat from the topic.

The building was......oddly neat and tidy yet.....chaotic. Everyone was moving, chatter filled the room, papers and computers were arranged randomly but everything seemed to be in place.