Chapter 35

Tryouts for the first string of the basketball club were happening. The coach, Mayumi, and Akashi were watching. They judged their handling, their shooting, their range, everything about their playing style. After the tryouts, they discussed who stood out, and what skills they noticed.

"That Haruma Mūn has a lot of jumping power," Mayumi addressed. The incoming second year with the pitch black hair and moon yellow eyes looked like he was defying gravity with his jumps. "And his younger brother, Yōta, is good at stealing and does great blind passes using his dribbling." The younger brother had more of sunny orange color in his eyes.

"All the incoming members will need to fix their aiming and improve their range, they missed a lot of shots," Akashi critiqued.

Mayumi smirked, "I can fix that."

The coach predicted, "With you two leading, the team will go somewhere."

"To absolute victory." They looked at each other from their shared answer and smiled.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

The new school year began. The student council held their first meeting in the morning before the first bell.

The second year president offered his hand, "Shall we go to class?"

The second year vice president accepted and gave her school bag to him, "Let's go!" She walked ahead carrying nothing. She knew he wanted to hold something else, but it was just the first day of school. She wasn't going to spoil him since he beat her for first place in the exams.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

The new members of the Kyūdō club showed a lot of potential. Even though they didn't hit the bullseye mark, it meant that they can grow. It meant that Yumi could use her perfect aim, her greatest skill, to improve the aiming of others.

"Aim a little higher of where you want to aim," she advised a new member, "Take note that gravity will pull the arrow down." She lifted their position to her suggestion, "Try that."

The arrow hit the center area. "I did it!"

The captain came in, "Great! Now let's take that outside and see where the wind takes you!"

"Ehhh??!"

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Having siblings on the team meant more fights about the littlest things.

"Hah, my shooting is better," Mūn scoffed at his brother missing a shot.

"What did you say?!"

"I said, 'my shooting is better.'"

"No, it isn't! You can't shoot a half court!"

"And you can't do a free throw!"

Yōta shouted at his brother, "I made it to the first string my first year unlike you!"

"Why you-"

The net swished with the basketball going in the basket. The siblings looked where it came from and dropped their jaws realizing their manager shot that from across the court. Akashi scolded them smirking, "Don't argue about who's shooting is better unless your aim better than hers." Yumi smiled as he said what she wanted to say.

Hayama laughed putting his hands on the sibling's heads, "And she's has perfect aim!" He whispered his advice to his new teammates, "Don't get on his bad side." There was fear in his voice and it scared them.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

The summer came and it turns out that the former third years of each Generation of Miracles' school formed a street basketball team together. Team Strky, each letter representing a school the team is made up of: Shūtoku, Tōō, Razukan, Kaijō, and Yōsen. They were going against a team from America, the Jabberwocks.