Chapter 11

Mayumi was embarrassed to have been caught in a moment like that. But she was even more angered by the fact Akashi wasn't trying to clear the misunderstanding up.

"Hayama-senpai, I'm telling you, there's nothing going on!" She kept trying to convince him at the gym.

He past her with his lighting dribbling and did a trick dunk. The moment he landed on the ground he pointed at his manger, "Denial! I saw it! With my own two eyes!" He motioned to his eyes.

"It was a misunderstanding! I pissed him off, he pinned me to the wall, and whispered-" heat come to her face remembering what it was.

"I will not hurt you, I will not let anyone hurt you."

"What?! What did he whisper into your ear?!" Hayama eagerly leaned in from her incomplete sentence.

"Kotarō-kun," Mibuchi pulled back his blonde teammate, "Respect a woman's space."

"Reo-nee, tell that to Akashi! I caught them this close this morning!" Hayama crossed his fingers to emphasize how close he caught the couple.

Mibuchi turned to her, "Is this true?"

"Uh he......um....." Yumi was too flustered to explain it again.

Mibuchi was silent for a moment. Then he turned and walking to Akashi. He grabbed the collar of his shirt and lifted him of the ground, "Akashi Seijūrō, of all people, I believed you would know how to respect a lady. Apologize for your violation to Yumi-chan."

Yumi saw his heterochromatic eyes glance at her and then look back the vice captain, "I committed no violation. Am I not allowed to be intimate with my empress?"

He dropped out the word. The entire gym blanked out the moment he uttered it and implied a relationship.

Hayama was the first to react, "EMPRESS?! I knew it! There was something going on! I knew it! I knew it!"

"I see," Mibuchi put the captain down, "With that circumstance, I see you did not disrespect, but expressed your love."

"Empress?!" Mayumi was shocked to be addressed as such by the absolute emperor himself. Being absolute, he would want the title to himself. But the more she thought about it, the more she though the word to be appropriate.

If they were talking about placement, Mayumi ranked 2nd in her class, and is the vice president of the student council. Being the only to showcase equal power, she technically would be the empress assuming he's the emperor.

But what he did being described as intimate and loving?! Oh, how the vice captain was off.

"Wait, he's lying! He's making it up!" Yumi tried to contest the implication but nobody heard her. As everyone fussed about what the captain said, Yumi groaned in frustration and tried to walk away from the situation. Of course, the emperor caught her, "Mayumi."

Yumi clench her jaw from the address of her name, "What?"

"Stay off the court," he walked up to her. Passing by her, he grabbed a strand of her hair and let it run in his hand, "You haven't slept, don't push yourself." Yumi's heart skipped a beat as she saw the sincere expression on his face. He meant those words with care.

Her emotions completely did a 180 turn. She was just irritated and now she's nervous from his flattery?

Mibuchi hummed in approval, "Taking care of his empress, how kind of him!" Kind? That's the last word Yumi would use to describe him. He threatened to gouge her eyes out right before he whispered that he wouldn't hurt her, or allow anyone else to do so.