Chapter 7

The next morning Akashi didn't speak to Mayumi. The ride to school was complete silence between them.

Yumi accepted the fact that she won against him, but the fact she didn't do it and let him win was oh the more satisfying.

Her sister, Tomo, unlike Taro, was more elegant and formal. She did activities that reflected her royal attributes: Horse riding, dancing, playing piano, singing, shogi and chess, archery and kyūdō. With Yumi constantly following her sister, as any little sister would, she learned some of those activities as well. Of course, archery came to be her best activity.

The moment the two left the car. A voice ran up to them, "AKASHI SEIJŪRŌ!" Mine jumped to kick the emperor for knocking her out last night. Akashi easily grabbed her ankle in the air and threw her out of the way.

"NeNe-chan!" Yumi went to check on her friend.

"Yumi-sama!" Mine hugged her tightly, "I am so sorry! I woke up in my bed in the morning and immediately came here! Just when you arrived with him," Mine glared at Akashi from the slight acknowledgement.

He clicked his tongue and walked away. That pissed Mine off, "Eh?! You think I'm not worth your time to fight?!"

"It's okay, NeNe-chan," Yumi held her best friend back, "I gave him a.....lesson he'll never forget."

Mine raised her eyebrow, "What did you do?"

The early bell rang, "I got to go for the student council meeting. I'll explain everything later!"

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Explaining everything to Mine at the school garden, a place isolated where no one can really bother them, Mine praised her master.

"You put him in his place! Great job, Yumi-sama! Giving him the victory is much more agonizing than beating him!"

"I even gave him Tomo-nee-san's advice," Yumi told her friend, "It contradicts his perfectionist ideals, that absolutism. That's probably what bothers him so much."

Mine laughed, "That's Tomo-sama for you! Her acceptance of imperfections only made her even more perfect....."

Yumi hummed in agreement beginning to miss her sister's presence.

Mine took notice and nudged her friend, "Say, you think you can throw your chopstick through his ear?" They noticed that Akashi was walking around the halls, seeing each girl's eyes turn into hearts as he past by. "How do so many girls like that emperor?!"

Although the idea intrigued Yumi, she refused, "That's too cruel for the chopsticks. I'm using them to eat, a much better purpose."

Mine laughed at her friend's remark, "Too cruel for the chopsticks.....good one!"

As Mine laughed, Yumi saw Akashi looking at her. The maintained eye contact for the moment. Yumi simply smiled and gave her attention to her friend.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

A couple of weeks pass and Yumi noticed a change in Akashi. His overall demeanor was different. Although he still had that absolutism to him, he was actually showcasing everyone's talent while showing his. The coach was pleased to see this. However, Akashi's eyes were still usually heterochromatic.

Since they had student council work to do after, Yumi waited for the captain. "Mayumi."

"Yes?"