Chapter 20

Mayuzumi passed by her after school, "Kayano, you left the club?"

"Your captain kicked me out," she clarified, "Did he say I left?"

"He didn't say anything," the third year answered.

Mibuchi hopped in the conversation hugging her, "Yumi-chan, are you planning to watch us for the rest of the Winter Cup?"

Yumi smiled, "Of course, I may not be your manager anymore, but I can still support the team. You guys worked hard, I want to see the fruit of your labor Akashi has put you through."

Mibuchi sniffed and hugged her tighter, "Oh, Yumi-chan! You did not deserve to get your heart broken! He'll regret letting go of such a fine lady such as yourself! You'll see!"

Mayuzumi looked at the girl after overhearing his vice captain. He actually showed some concern, "He broke up with you?"

"Yes.....he valued absolute victory over me. Not surprising, right?" There was a sad tone to Yumi's voice. She walked past them to get to the student council room, "Do me a favor and have fun playing, no matter what Akashi says."

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

When lunch break arrived the next day, Mayuzumi came to Mayumi's classroom. The presence of a third year in a first year classroom filled the room with whispers. Akashi questioned his arrival, "What are you doing here?"

Mayuzumi returned the cold welcome bluntly answering, "Teaching you a lesson." He passed by the captain and walked up to the manager, "You're going on a lunch date with me."

A what?! "Huh?! But-"

He grabbed her arm and pulled her up from her seat. When he did that, him and Akashi made eye contact. Mayuzumi pulled her to follow him, "Let's go."

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
Akashi Seijūrō

The entire room rumored on the event that occurred.

"Did they break up?!"

"Did they fight?"

"Mayuzumi-san said he's teaching Akashi a lesson, did he do something to Kayano-san?"

"You think Akashi's mistreating her? And Mayuzumi's showing how to it should be done?"

The sole fact that the third year went against him aggravated the emperor. Are what's more.......he's taking his empress from her.

He silenced the commotion, "Enough of this nonsense. This is a personal matter between Mayumi and I. Don't dare to interfere." Everyone was silent after the threat.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
Kayano Mayumi

Yumi stared at the third year in front of her. The two of them were at the school rooftop. This was his isolated place to read his short novels.

"Uhh......" Yumi started, "So why did you.....do that?"

"The team agreed that Akashi's choice to leave you was wrong," the third year explained, "He made a very stupid mistake. I'm just proving it."

Something else kept her mind off the topic, "What about practice? You know Akashi will-"

"He doesn't scare me," he stated, "If he wants me off the team, then I'll leave. Believe it or or this is quite fun for me, defying him." Then he kindly offered, "Use this place if you ever need it. It's quiet and isolated."