Chapter 32

Kayano Mayumi

For the Kyūdō club, Mayumi competed in the advanced, far distance class. Of course, she perfectly shot the bullseye mark. She began to build a record for herself and the school.

The third year captain wanted to give her position to Yumi. The kyūdō prodigy refused, and suggested previous contender to take the title and responsibility. "The captain should be someone who attends every practice, and devotes their time to the art," she reasoned, "It's unfair if I took the spot while I also have the basketball club and student council."

"Then how about you be the vice captain?"

That didn't sound bad.... "Alright," She agreed.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

When Mine's birthday came on White Day, Hiro came to their house. He gave a homemade cupcake. "Um.....and if it's fine with you......can....can I take you on a date....today?"

Yumi clapped happily hearing her best friend get asked out. "Wow! What a birthday gift!" She jumped to hug Mine, who was burnt red, from behind. "NeNe-chan is unable to speak at the moment, but her mind is screaming yes! What time do you need her ready by?"

"B-by 6pm?"

Yumi laughed, "Consider it done!" When the time came, she helped Mine get ready for her first date. The dark haired girl was gleaming brightly from having her crush ask her out.

Before it was time, Yumi gave her birthday gift, it was a pen knife. A secret weapon disguised as an everyday item for protraction. "Didn't I get you this for your birthday?" Mine reminded her.

"Now we twin!" Yumi also pointed out, "You can use it on Hiro if he tries anything. Shall we have your cupcake before you go?"

Mine blew her candle and they split the cupcake. Mine wasn't fond of sweets, so a cupcake - or half - was sufficient enough to celebrate with.

After Mine left for her date, Yumi got a call. She saw the caller ID and answered, "Seijūrō?"

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Mayumi laughed feeling the spring wind in her hair as she raced her boyfriend with her horse.

Sakura was the faster runner, probably because she runs more often with Mayumi. It seems that Akashi doesn't let Yukimaru run at full speed. Maybe the saddle was slowing him down. The freedom in riding bareback was superior in this case. She passed their checkpoint, "I win!"

Akashi stopped beside her, "Indeed you won," he grabbed her hand and kissed it, "My dear empress."

After giving the horses a water break, Mayumi led the way, "I want to show you something."

When Mayumi went off the trail, Akashi questioned, "Where are we going?"

"You'll see!"

She took him to the apple tree looking over the meadow. With spring coming round, the flowers washed the meadow with beautiful colors.

"I never knew this was here," he told her.

"That's because you never go off the trail," she pointed out, "Sakura led me and my sister here, we used to have picnics under this tree." The cream colored horse nipped on her hair to show her love.

Akashi wrapped his arms around her shoulders behind her, "Thank you showing this to me." His fingers played with the rose pendant necklace he gave her.

Sakura went on to nip his hair. Mayumi giggled, "That means she likes you! You warmed up to her!"

The cream colored horse happily neighed as Akashi petted her, "Does that mean she'll listen to me now?"