Chapter 21

The moment at the gym silenced the rumors at the school. Yumi didn't want to bother what was proven wrong or true. She didn't want to bother with the topic at all. In fact, a part of her didn't want to be in Tokyo to watch the Winter Cup.

"Come on, Yumi-sama," Mine guided her through the crowd, "We're here to support the team."

Yeah, the team......Mibuchi, Hayama, Nebuya, and Mayuzumi.

She and Mine sat in the audience. They watched Kaijō win their match. Seirin and Yōsen's match was brutal. Murasakibara had no care of other's in the court, especially towards his opponents. Even to the equipment, the hoop actually broke from Murasakibara's dunk.

Mine gasped with the crowd, "Is that possible?!"

"Apparently so," Yumi replied seeing the fallen backboard. While waiting for the replacement, she got a call from her brother, "Moshi moshi?"

"Yumi-chan!!! So it is you!!" Her brother happily confirmed. Yumi was confused with his greeting. "Look to your left and up."

She followed his directions and saw him waving at her. "Do you have an extra seat by you?"

Taro joined watching the Winter Cup with the two girls. He wanted to watch to see how his former high school basketball club was doing. "Shouldn't you be with the team?"

"Taro-sama, you missed a lot," Mine told him.

After hearing everything that happened, he immediately critiqued the current basketball captain, "That's not basketball at all! There are always 5 players on each team, not 1! What is he doing? If he wants to play alone, he should've done golf or something!"

The ex-manager shrugged, "He's blinded by victory. If his team can't help him, then he'll get it himself."

Her brother objected to his view, "But that's not the point of basketball! It's not about a winning streak!"

"Taro-sama, didn't you have a winning streak when you were captain?" Mine raised her eyebrow.

He proudly laughed, "Yup! We never lost a game! We were undefeated!"

The two girls eyed the pure snow-white haired man with the rose colored eyes as he contradicted himself. He noticed it, "But that's not the point! I didn't win by myself! The team won! I don't know what that captain is thinking saying he can win by himself!"

The maintenance team replaced the backboard and the match continued. The tall purple hair player played more roughly than before. He was in the Zone. One the of players in Seirin got injured.

"The Generation of Miracles are ruthless....thank god they weren't with me," Taro commented watching the match.

Yumi had a thought, "Do you think you can match up with them?"

Her brother chuckled, "I can try, it'll be fun playing against them. I just don't like how...." He looked at the court with disapproval, "....they're not having fun."

"Taro-sama, who you think will win the Winter Cup?" Mine asked. She knew Yumi's bet for Seirin and wondered how he felt towards his own school's reputation.

Taro place his finger on his chin watching Seirin play for their injured player, "Let me see how Razukan plays and I'll decide."

Seirin won, defeating another member of the infamous Generation of Miracles. After watching Razukan make it to the semi finals, Taro made his bet, "Although I want Razukan to keep their winning streak for the Winter Cup, my bet is on Seirin or Kaijō."

Yumi chuckled, "It seems we both agree on something."

Her bother smiled at his younger sister, "I taught you well. You understand the meaning of basketball more than the those prodigies. That Seirin team knows the meaning of the sport." The siblings lightly did a fist bump in agreement, "Come on, I'll treat you two out for dinner."