Chapter 27

Yumi missed her target when a teammate asked, "Did something happen between you and Akashi?"

Her face flushed and she covered her mouth from remembering their kiss.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

They finally pulled away to breathe. "Does this mean we're official now?"

Akashi pulled her off her chair and pinned her against the wall. He leaned in again, "What do you think?"

They were official.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Her teammate called her name again, "Kayano-san, are you alright?"

"Yes!" Yumi quickly assured, "I'm fine!"

She continued to remember yesterday.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"Umm....." Yumi broke the awkward silence after.....what happened, "What was the call about?"

The corner of Akashi's lip curved up as he kept working, "My former teammates are planning to meet and play street basketball to celebrate a birthday in Tokyo."

"The Generation of Miracles? Are you sure everyone will come?"

He thought for moment and grabbed his phone. "Are you free on the 30th and 31st?"

"Yeah," she answered. Why was he asking if he was the only one going?

He called someone, "Murasakibara, how are you? Can we have a practice match on the 30th?"

Mayumi could hear the lumpish voice complain through the phone. Akashi offered the solution, "Then we'll meet in the middle. In Tokyo." He chuckled, "I'm not forcing you to come celebrate Kuroko's birthday, but you are free to join. That's all I have to say, goodbye." He hung up before the other guy can contest.

Now Mayumi saw his intentions, "You have really become caring. You're making sure everyone is coming. You want to play with them again, don't you?"

"It'll be nice to play with them again, especially now that I've returned."

"But....." Now that she thought about it, "Did you really leave? I saw you, the real you, multiple times. Even with that emperor eye you still showed that you cared about-"

"You?" He interrupted her. There was a smug look on his face.

Mayumi looked away covering her mouth realizing it. "Never mind....." she stood up to leave, "Well, I'm done with my work, I'll get-"

"Wait," he stopped her, "Do you think you can help me?" He gestured to the small pile of paper left to check.

She softly laughed at his request, "Sure."

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

The Razukan basketball club made their way to Tokyo and met Yōsen in the gym.

"Akachin....." Murasakibara trailed off, "You are unbelievable, making me come to Tokyo."

Akashi chuckled, "As I said, I'm not forcing you to come join us tomorrow, but are you free to come."

The tall purple haired player whined, "There isn't any food for me if I come. There's no way I'm eating Sa-chin's cooking."

Yumi overheard the conversation, so the tall purple mutable was a glutton. It seemed that he was certain not to come to what Akashi was going to. When Akashi passed by, she asked, "Are you sure he's going?"

"No," he truthfully answered, "I'll drag him with me if he continues to refuse."

She told him, "That's not necessary. You heard him, he wants food. Maybe we can convince him if we get him some."