Chapter 44

Mayumi's plan against Murasakibara heavily depended Mūn's jumping power and Nebuya's strength. The coach relayed her plan, "Don't draw your weapons out yet. Focus on your current team play. Akashi, you know what to do when needed."

The moment she sat down Akashi kissed her forehead. He had been doing that for every game so far. Maybe it was a good-luck charm. No, he wouldn't need it. Part of the reason had to be to show off the relationship in public, so no one would dare to go against him.

Despite already experiencing this multiple times, her face still flushed from embarrassment. The head coach shook his head, "Couples these days....."

"Gomen, Shirogane-san......"

"As long as the team plays well, I have no problem with it."

How is it that everyone is okay about everything she has a problem with?! The public affection is too much! How is everyone fine with that?! She mentally slapped herself, the game was her focus.

The leading score bounced back and forth between the two schools. The third quarter was about to end and Razukan was taking the lead by almost 20 points. Maybe her plan wouldn't need to come to play.

Yōsen called a timeout. The female coach spoke something to Murasakibara. When the game resumed suddenly he was playing full out. He was in the Zone. Any hint of lumpishness disappeared, something had to be motivating him. That something had to be related to food knowing him.

That wasn't the point. The point was that he was accumulating the score for his team. Yumi only heard that he once scored more than 100 points, but now she actually started to believe it. The point difference disappeared in less than 5 minutes.

The 3rd quarter ended. Once the team huddled up, she stated the need start the plan, "Nebuya-senpai and Mūn-kun switch man," she looked at the new second-year, "You still have jumping power?"

He nodded, "Akashi told me to back off."

Oh, so Akashi already considered this from the start. "Perfect," she added.

Murasakibara was clearly confused by the switch. Mūn wasn't that much taller than Akashi, their height difference was a disadvantage. However, his handling skills would allow him to pass the purple giant. The first play had Mūn get past Murasakibara and pass to Nebuya already posted by the basket.

When it came to defense, Nebuya would block Murasakibara's access to the basket. There was no way Nebuya would be moved with his strength.

Yōsen saw the pattern. Now their strategy was to put purple miracle on defense. Mūn jumped to shoot, and so did Murasakibara.

Oh the shock when Mūn surpassed his block. The key was in the timing. All that the jumper had to do was hold the prep for a split second longer and then jump. It was a simple concept of physics, the maximum height would be reached at different times. By the time Mūn shot, Murasakibara was already falling back down. His hand couldn't block the ball.

His jumps were truly defying gravity. It was as if he was on the moon, where gravity was simply weaker upon him. He jumped from three pointer line and made his shot like Kagami's meteor jam. Yumi made him learn the skill. With his jump power and her aim training, the skill was acquired very quickly.

Yōsen still had a secret weapon up their sleeve. It was Himuro. His perfect fakes would even get past Akashi sometimes. Even with his sharp eyes, somehow Himuro would disappear from sight and reappear somewhere else.