Chapter 39

"Yay!" Momoi hugged the chinchilla plushie, "Arigatou, Yumi-chan!"

Midorima noticed the tiger plushie Yumi was holding, "It seems you were able to get two."

Yumi gave out a soft laugh as small blush came up to her cheeks, "Actually, Seijūrō won this for me...."

It seems that once she revealed that fact, Akashi reestablished his position as captain. He commended them, "You guys did your best." The tone of his voice made it an insult more than a compliment.

The group walked around looking at all the booths, kiosks, and events.

"Nee-chan!!" A little girl's voice caught Yumi's ear. The little girl was pulling on her sister's hand wanting to go a booth, "Pleeeeeaaaaase?"

"Alright!" The older sister yielded to the begging, "Let's go you little brat."

"Yay!!!"

The siblings walked to the booth together. Seeing the interaction was amusing yet wholesome. But......it reminded her of a sad fact. A flood of memories came to her.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"Tomo-nee!" Yumi called for her sister finally landing an arrow on the target board for the first time, "I did it!"

Tomo gasped at the sight. It didn't matter that the arrow landed on the outer rim, her little sister just landed her first arrow. She hugged her, "Great job, Yumi-chan!!!"

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Tomo brought Sakura out for Yumi's first riding, "Are you ready?"

"Where's the seat?"

"We won't need one. Sakura-chan doesn't like it anyway." Tomo picked her up and mounted her on Sakura.

Sakura head perked up from the unfamiliar weight and glanced back at Yumi. The horse titled her head at young Yumi. Yumi did the same.

Tomo grunted as she used the fence to mount herself on her horse. She breathed, "I need to find an easier way to mount." She grabbed the reins to prepare to ride.

Sakura seemed to realize what was happening and retaliated. She started bucking and launched the sisters off. The haystack cushioned their landing.

"Sakura-chan!" Tomo yelled as the horse cantered neighing amusingly from their flight. Tomo couldn't see her sister, "Yumi-chan? Little ruby? Mayumi?!"

Yumi popped her head from the hay stack and spat out the hay in her mouth. Her older sister sighed in relief.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Yumi played the treble part as Tomo played the bass part on the piano. Yumi wasn't really that good of a player at the time, eventually Tomo brought up her right hand and took over. It worked out, Yumi didn't want to play anymore. She looked at the window and saw her brother playing basketball with his friends.

Suddenly their mother came from behind them brushing a small stroke of paint on their cheeks. Tomo giggled and Yumi cried.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"Taro!" Tomo scolded her bother. Yumi sneezed out a puff of flour. Tomo grabbed a handful of the ingredient and threw it at her twin brother to avenge Yumi.

"Tomo!" He shook off the excess flour off him. He reloaded his hand and tried getting his twin sister for revenge. The older sister was agile, swift, and graceful. Taro kept missing and couldn't get his target,