Chapter 17

"What?! No!" The captain rejected, "This was your win! You earned it!"

Yumi pushed the trophy into the captain's hand, "I won it for you! I don't want the trophy anyway."

The two kept passing the trophy to each other trying to persuade to other person to keep it. Mine barged in stopping the argument, "Just take the trophy, Yumi-sama! It is your win, you deserve it."

"Accept it as a thank you gift for helping us," the captain bowed to show her gratitude. Yumi surrendered her argument and accepted the trophy.

It was the first one she won.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

The news about Yumi settting a new kyūdō record spread around the school. "Interesting," Akashi commented, "I didn't expect you to compete. Although, you beating your sister's record wasn't a surprise."

Mayumi scratched her head, "The captain sprained her wrist, I wasn't planning to compete either. I'm glad I did though, I overcame that bloodlust of mine with the last shot."

Akashi's seemed surprised and interested about her overcoming of an alter persona, "Is that so?"

She looked seeing the emperor having a small grin, "What? Are you excited you'll never see my bloody murderous gaze again? Don't think you're superior over me until you have better aim than me." She voice was cold towards him. He still angered him with the fact he hasn't answered her question.

That last statement silenced the power-hungry emperor. He knew his aim wouldn't be matched to hers. She scoffed at the silence and left him to have lunch with Mine, "You can't win everything, Akashi."

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"They're asking you to join the kyūdō club," Mine took a bite of her lunch.

The idea of showcasing her archery skills did intrigue her, "But, knowing my aim, do you think I should? I'm going so sound arrogant saying this but.....I'm not sure if it'll be exciting knowing I'll win."

"I knew you'd say that!" Mine pointed her finger up, "Unlike basketball, and Akashi, it isn't about winning. It's about the art of archery! Being harmonious to truth, goodness, and beauty. Quite meaningful considering you just overcame your bloodlust side of yours accomplishing those virtues."

Yumi almost choked on her food, "You saw that?"

Mine hit Yumi's head, "Of course I saw it! I was about to rush in and pull you out! Yumi-sama," she put her hand on Yumi's shoulder, "I'm glad you made another step for recovery."

"I'm glad too," Yumi smiled.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"WHAT??" Hayama gasped at the stollen ball, "How?!"

Yumi dribbled the ball she just stole from the lighting dribble of Hayama, "I saw where the ball was going!" Ever since reaching acceptance with herself and her past, she was able to see motion slowly. It was the primary function behind her blood red colored eyes, her bloodlust gaze, but it was now fully under her control at will.

She saw every trajectory, every movement, and easily predicted where the ball would be. They had a drill where each team player had to steal the ball from her and pass it to Higuchi, posing as a teammate. With her new acquired skill, she was able to beat majority of the team keeping the ball away from their grasp.