Chatper 5

Kayano Mayumi

Of course the Akashi Sejūrō figured out the terrifying truth of the Kayano incident 3 years ago.....

The sole fact that he knew made Mayumi constantly anxious. What does he view her now? A murderer? What if he reveals the truth to the public? What if.....

"Mayumi," his voice snapped her thoughts.

She felt her throat get dry, "....Hai?"

"The meeting has adjourned," he reminded her. The student council room was empty expect for the both of them. "Were you not paying attention to the meeting?"

She was completely spaced out during the entire thing! "I was......." She figured the student council president already knew, "I didn't pay attention...."

"You are weak-minded for not being able to focus when you need to," he insulted, "Do not attend practice today, finish your work after school and go home."

The moment he left the room, she let her face express displeasure from his insult, "If I was weak-minded, I would've already killed you."

She covered her mouth from what she uttered out. "What am I saying? As if I do such a murderous sin. I'm not....... a murder." It was hard to convince herself that idea.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"Arigatou, Kayano-san!" All the members of the student council thanked her.

She innocently smiled, "Of course! For....." she didn't know why they were thanking her.

"Volunteering to do our work!" The secretary told her, "Akashi-san said in the meeting you kindly volunteered to give us a day off!"

"That damn emperor set me up!" Yumi realized. Easily going along with the plan, she dismissed her fellow members, "Oh, but of course! Go! Go! Enjoy the day off!"

She was the only one in the student council room. Being a rich school, the room was big, it essentially looking like a business meeting room. With two desks at the front being hers and Akashi's.

Speaking of that emperor, he didn't bother to show up after school. He planned this all along! Yumi sighed seeing the amount of work on each and every desk lined around the room.

She finished the assigned tasks of the president and vice president, as they were the most laborious. Yumi decided to work according the defending order of demand: President, vice president, secretary, treasurer, and chairman. The other council members mainly only had voting tasks, which she didn't need to interfere with.

Mayumi texted Mine to go home after kendo practice, as she wouldn't be going home until later. It took a lot of convincing, but Mine's text implied she obeyed.

The door opened and Yumi assumed it was Mine. "NeNe-chan, I said it's okay for you to go-" she finally turned at the door realizing who opened it, "Akashi....."

"You haven't finished your work."

"Your observation skills seem to be intact," Yumi lined the papers neatly and placed them in the folder, continuing her work, "If I remember correctly, you and the rest of the student council have the day off."

Akashi closed the door behind him, "I never said I had the day off. If you were paying attention to the meeting, you would've known that I planned to do my work after practice."

Yumi slightly dropped her jaw realizing she just did his work for him when she didn't have to. She saw the the victorious look on his face.

Akashi stepped closer to her, "Why were you spacing out during the meeting?" His expressionless, heterochromatic eyes made her step away.