Chapter 37

"They did what?!" Mayumi couldn't believe it.

Akashi took her out for lunch as an apology from yesterday. He told her about the confrontation with the Jabberwocks. They are certainly the villain of the story.

"The Vorpal Swords better live of the tale and win."

He chuckled, "Precisely why I chose that team name. Our victory is written in the book. It is foretold."

Although she fully believed in the victorious outcome, she was curious, "Say, do you think you'll need your emperor eye?"

His eyes wandered off at the distance, "Possibly."

Mayumi couldn't believe she was recommending it, "Use it if you need to. Just win."

His gaze softened and he smiled, "As you wish."

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Unfortunately, with the art gala and star festival tomorrow, all the preparations had to be done today. Mayumi's evening schedule was fully booked and overlapped with the game.

She walked in the gym with Akashi. They were in front of the locker room, "Well, I wish you and the team good-" Akashi pulled her into the locker room, "Wh-what are you doing?!"

Her back pressed against the lockers. "Don't you think I need a better good luck charm than just words?"

Mayumi knew what he was asking, "I-I- This is the boys locker room!" She was completely flustered at her situation, "I need to go for-"

"Kiss me and I'll let you go."

She knew what he was asking for, "J-just get on with it....."

He lifted her chin up, "You misunderstood me."

How? He said.....her face exploded. She had to kiss him?! She realized that she never initiated one. It only made the situation more embarrassing for her.

"It seems like you understand my request," He noticed. "I'm waiting."

Mayumi looked at the clock. There wasn't much time for her to waste, she had to go soon. "Just a peck and you'll be done!" She told herself.

Slowly, she lifted her face up to his. Before their lips came to contact, someone came in. She immediately retreated from what she was doing.

"Woah!" Aoimine froze from the sight. He laughed, "Getting a little action before the game, Akashi?" The way that was worded didn't help Mayumi's state.

"Get out." He ordered.

He saluted teasing, "Aye-aye, captain. Hah, I'll even guard the door. Don't make too much noise! The locker room can get echoey."

Mayumi couldn't believe someone walked into this situation. She couldn't believe Aoimine was so nonchalant about it. She looked at her boyfriend, he seemed to be waiting with a boastful expression. How was she going to attempt to kiss him again?!

Time was ticking. The snow-white hair girl took a quick breath and leaned up for a quick peck. His lips never left hers even when she leaned away. There wasn't anymore room for her to retreat. Their lips were locked.