Chapter 9

Summer vacation finally arrived. The final exams were quite easy for Mayumi. She, once again, placed second in her class. Everyone knew who placed first. Too bad it wasn't her, she would've enjoyed beating Akashi in front of everyone.

Now that school was off, Yumi finally had the time to visit the stables. The stables she went to was popular for many people to have their horses take residence in.

She entered the stables with Mine and Taro. Taro was visiting for vacation from work. Yumi held the bridle. "Sakura-chan!!!" She warmly greeted the cream-colored horse. Sakura happily neighed in the sight of her rider.

Sakura belonged to Tomo. Quite opposite to her sister's personality, Sakura was quite wild and rowdy, but that's what Tomo loved about her. Sakura only allowed Tomo and Yumi to ride her, as the two sisters often rode together. Anyone else who tired to get on her got launched off in under a minute.

"You haven't been giving Mizu-san a hard time, have you?" Yumi asked. She giggled as the horse nibbled on her hair.

"No, m'lady," Mizu, the assigned caretaker for Sakura, assured, "She is very calm around me. Although, of course, she won't allow me to take her on a ride."

"And that's why I'm here!" She opened the gate to Sakura's stable, "Wanna go out for a ride?" Sakura reared on her two hind legs and fluttered her front ones in excitement. Sakura slid her muzzle into the bridle in Yumi's hands.

Yumi giggled as she properly secured the bridle and held the rein as she and Sakura headed out.

"Hello, Sakura-chan," Taro petted his sister's horse. "It's been a while hasn't it?" Sakura flicked her head away from him. "Oh, come on, why don't you like me? I'm Tomo's twin! We're essentially the same person!"

Mine commented, "You and Tomo-sama are very different people even though you are twins."

Yumi agreed petting Sakura, "That's true, you can Tomo-nee-san are quite foils of each other."

As Tomo was more formal, graceful, and elegant; Taro was more casual, energetic, and more......hot minded and ill-tempered.

Another horse was pulled out from the stables. "Now that's a majestic horse!" Taro complimented.

"That's Yukimaru," Yumi told her brother the name of the white horse. She knew it because she saw the name plate on his stable near to Sakura's. She often saw the horse since he moved here, but never the rider.

"Who does he belong too?" Taro asked looking at the white horse.

Yumi shrugged, "I don't know, I never saw the owner. With a horse like that, I'm sure he's very princely! If you stay here, maybe you can ask for some advice!" She and Mine laughed as Taro blew a raspberry making his face look like a horse.

Patting on Sakura's back twice, cueing her to kneel down, Yumi got on the bare back of the horse.

"Are you sure you don't want to ride with a saddle?" Mizu asked.

"Tomo-nee-san never rode with one," Yumi patted the horse's back three times to cue her to stand up, "You know how she is, thinking the saddle limits the movement of the horse and rider. She loved the natural way of riding, how it's perfectly imperfect, and I plan to preserve her beliefs."

"So how long will you think you'll be riding for?" Mine asked.

Yumi looked at the position of the sun in the sky, "Probably till sunset."