Chapter 2

After changing into her gym uniform, she and Akashi stood in the court, "First one to 10 points wins." There was a second of silence before he stated, "Your victory is futile."

Mayumi questioned, "Then why would you make such a deal? You must have considered the possibility of loosing when strategizing such."

"I don't lose."

"We'll see."

Dribbling the ball was simply only smaller, sharper trajectories from hand to hand. Her good sense of kinesthesia allowed her to dribble without looking. The same skill set applied to the red-hair captain.

But he was evidently the better handler. "Kneel down," he ordered as he dribbled the ball. The ball changed in direction so fast....Yumi couldn't catch up and fell to her knees from the loss of balance. He got the first basket.

She was caught off guard from the captain's demeanor. So.....absolute. Some can argue that it was flawless. The idea of that aggravated her, "Perfection......is a flaw."

Learning first-hand that the crossover made her fall, she didn't move and observed. She watched the ball move between his hands. The pattern, the speed, the height, the trajectory.

"He dribbles ball under his leg at lot...." Yumi noticed. It made sense, it provided the most protection of stealing while switching between hands. The demand of the perfect timing and aim only challenged to attempt the steal more. "If he does it again then the ball will be right.......there."

Yumi's hand flicked the basketball out of Akashi's possession. He was stunned by the steal. She perfectly predicted where her target will be. "Bullseye."

The moment she gained full possession of the ball she shot a three pointer. 4 against 3. She was in the lead.

A ring of light shined in his heterochromatic eyes. Mayumi only knew he was getting serious...... she had to step her game up.

Yumi took notice that Akashi does not usually do three pointers. His confident range was around the free-throw arc. So all she needed to do was keep him out of range.

Of course, having better dribbling skills, Akashi kept passing her and got another basket. 6 against 3.

She knew she couldn't get passed him with her dribbling skill, but her shooting range was the entire court. Stealing the ball again, Akashi stepped back to defend the hoop. Instead of running toward him, she turned around and tossed her ball at his hoop.

The ball didn't go in the basket, it bounced off the backboard. Yumi made sure to chuck it with force to let ricochet.....right into her basket. That's considered a 3-pointer. Now they were even, 6 on 6.

The team was dumbfounded from her new shot. "Forget Akashi's deal, you and your friend can be our managers!" Hayama yelled. He tensed up the moment Akashi gazed at him.

Both players got another basket making the score 8 and 9. Both only needed one more point to win the deal. Mayumi had the possession of the basketball.

"Yumi-chan!! Shoot!" Higuchi cheered, "Shoot! Shoot!"

"Shoot! Shoot! SHOOT HER!" A voice echoed in Mayumi's memory.