Chapter 30

"Yumi-chan," Hayama pouted, "You didn't make any chocolate for the party?"

"Hayama-senpai....." a sweat drop appeared on her head seeing the pile, "You're already eating a lot of chocolate."

The uncrowned king laughed and pointed, "You should look at Higusu-san!"

Yumi looked at the pointer direction and saw her senior manager surrounded by girls feeding him chocolate. His face showed that he was.....Happy? Sick? Both?

Mibuchi's explanation cleared up her confusion, "He's so kind to accept all the chocolates the girls made for Sei-chan."

So all the chocolates were all for........ Yumi clenched her jaw from the thought.

"No need to be jealous, Yumi-chan!" The vice captain chuckled seeing the reaction, "He only accepted yours. Of course, he accepted mine too, but that was yesterday. But for today......" a sparkly aura surrounded him as he twirled, "Ah! He's so romantic!"

Speaking of Akashi, he disappeared, "Where did Akashi go?"

"Oh!" Hayama realized, "He's preparing to-"

Mibuchi interrupted him covering his mouth, "He's helping preparing for the....orchestra performance!"

That made sense but....... "Why does he need to help the orchestra?"

Mibuchi found a distraction, "Oh look! It's Amu-san! You should talk to her!" The vice captain pushed her to the student council secretary.

"Kayano-chan!" The third year secretary greeted her vice president and immediately apologized, "Sorry that we kept this a secret from you.....and forging your signature....but Akashi wanted this to be a surprise!" She paled out, "He said we'll be digging our own graves if we spoiled it....."

Yumi wasn't surprised with the president's tactics, "You're alright. So...." If the student council knew about this party, "....what's the plan for tonight?"

"Oh....." the secretary started to sweat, "We're about to have a performance!"

"From the orchestra club?"

"Yes!" She rapidly nodded, "From the orchestra club!"

But it still didn't answer one question, "Why is Akashi helping them prepare? He isn't part of the orchestra club."

"B-but...He planned the entire thing! You know him, making sure everything goes according to plan......" she started to rant, "He catered food and chocolate and bought all the decorations and planned all the events for tonight.....like getting the orchestra club to perform!"

It matched what Mibuchi said, so it had to be the truth, "I guess that makes sense. So, when are they perfor-"

The lights turned off. Only one spotlight was lit in the room. Mayumi saw Akashi holding a violin. His blazer was off showing the red vest underneath. So the performance......it wasn't the orchestra, it was him.

"I'm sorry for lying!" The secretary apologized and ran away.

Before Yumi could call after the secretary, a bright light blinded her. The second spotlight was on her. She impulsively tried to walk out of the light but it followed her. All the attention was too much for her to handle! She crouched down and covered her face. The coos and aww's from everyone in the room weren't helping her feel better.