Chapter 14

Akashi Seijūrō

"Who is it?" Mine opened her door and immediately slammed it closed seeing who it was.

Akashi stopped the door from closing, "Why aren't you making sure Mayumi's alright? Aren't you her supposedly her body guard? More importantly, her best friend?"

Mine sadly sighed opening the door to answer him, "She won't let me sleep over. And I'm checking on her through the house staff and keeping an eye on her at school."

She leaned on the door frame, "I'm sure you saw it for yourself since you're here. When it comes to anything related to the incident, Yumi-sama suppresses her emotions and won't let anyone in to talk about it. Not even me, her brother, her father, and her mother. I already explained what was happened when we were gone."

Akashi remembered what the bodyguard told him about her mom. His mind reminisced on his own mother, how kind she was and wanted to see him grow and succeed. Yumi mother? She didn't want that? How could a mother not want to see her own child?

Mine also revealed to him, "The thing between you two isn't helping either. I would call it an act but....it doesn't seem fitting." She crossed her arms, "Let me ask you, are you in love with her? If you're not, then-"

Akashi left before she could finish. He grabbed his phone and called the person who ignored him all day. The call was declined.

A part of him worried about her well-being. He didn't like how she was suppressing her feelings. He only assumed that the pain she was feeling was similar to what he felt when his mother died. All the more reason why he needed to intervene.

When he got into his chauffeur, he told the driver, "Drive me to the Kayano residence."

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
Kayano Mayumi

Mayumi was writing a business summary for her father. She asked to do one, as she couldn't get herself to sleep much at night. Might as well do something if she couldn't sleep. Plus, her father was busy taking care of her mother.

Someone knocked at her bedroom door and it opened. "Yumi-sama....." the servant greeted her. It sounded like she was terrified by something, "Someone is here to see you."

It was late a night. If it was her father, she would've said so. "Who's visiting this late-" before she stood up, two arms leaned on her desk trapping her.

"Leave us," she recognized Akashi's voice. The servant who brought him in hesitantly left the two alone.

Mayumi remained frozen from the sudden appearance of the emperor in the comfort of her own home. She asked without looking behind her, "Why are you here?"

His stated his purpose, "I'm making sure you sleep tonight." He looked at her desk and saw what she was doing, "Where is your father?"

"He's taking care of the family emergency," Yumi kept her answer vague.

Akashi was silent for a moment, "I see...."

She decided to ignore him and keep working, "Go home, Akashi."

He closed her laptop, "I'm not leaving until you sleep."