~28~

Jaxton

⚠️I'm not spoiling but I know some of you may not handle this topic well but this chapter includes accessories to murder⚠️💀

"Surprise!" Jumping out of the box was her twin brothers. They look more like clones than twins to me. However, they look so familiar like I've seen them somewhere other than here. Maybe I'm wrong...which is quite rare. I stood watching them afar share hugs and jokes.

"Psst! Hey son can you come to help me in the kitchen right quick?" I heard her dad whisper yell. I followed him into Kitchen and helped him set the table and fill the plates with food. After placing the last plate down Chyna and her brothers entered the room. We sat and blessed the food before beginning to eat.

"So sis...who's your friend?" one of the brothers asked. They look alike but one has both ears pierced and the other only has one. They also both have different eye colors. The one with one piercing has light brown eyes while the other has the same eyes as Chyna.

"This my friend Jaxton and Jaxton these are are my brothers Landon and London.," she said motioning between us. The one with one ear pierced is Landon and the other is London.
Makes enough sense...I guess.

"That's crazy I remember you had a friend when you were younger named Jaxton," her father said sipping his soda.

She turned to look at her dad with a are you serious face. "Dad this is Jaxton," she said rolling her eyes.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I did! I literally introduced you two! I thought you would put two and two together.

"Glad to see you again after all this time. How ya been?" He asked turning his attention towards me.

"Good...bad...all of the above. Just trying to make it through, " I answered.

"I'm glad you two rekindled. This one over here was a wreck."

"Dad!!!!" she yelled embarrassment taking over her.

"What?! You know it's true, " he said letting out a chuckle. "Once you two had to go your separate ways it like all hell broke loose. She shut down and refused to talk to any of the kids at school. She said she wouldn't talk to any of them until you come back."

"Yea then one day at the park she met a boy and slapped him because he called her pretty," Landon chimed in laughing.

"What was his name, Jake?... Jacob?... nope it was Josh! They become friends a little a while afterward I think. Then she stopped talking to him., " London said looking at his sister.

What? They were friends? Maybe it's another Josh...right? It just doesn't make any sense. We continued conversating finishing up our dinner. After I helped clean up the table I followed Chyna back into her room.

"Go ahead ask away, " she said letting out a deep breath. Were seated on her carpet facing each other, and I can tell she's dreading this conversation. I didn't say anything so she began talking.

"We met around 8 or 9 years old at the park. My brothers used to take me every Saturday.
While they play basketball I would be playing on the playground or in the grass. Turns out he used to do the same with his cousin.

We became friends and as we got older we started to grow apart. Something's happened and we broke apart and stayed away from each other. That brings us to the way we act now."

"Oh, " I replied. I didn't really have any words to say. I didn't want to make her feel any more uncomfortable than she already felt or push her too far.

"Yea...I'm sure now you can see why I'm so close to my dad. He's always there when I need him and will always drop any and everything if I were ever in trouble. My mom is the same way but since she's a traveling doctor she's always gone helping people across the globe. One time I called her and told her that one of my classmates stole my candy and would always be mean to me at recess and she hopped on a plane all the way from Africa to come to me.," she said letting out a few laughs here and there.

"I love that woman...I love both of my parents dearly. Yet people on the outside don't see what actually happens because from their view my parents are always gone and that I'm always alone. Although most of the time I choose to be alone.

Every time my mom move has to move to a different location she always invites me. She comes home the first and third weekends in the month and one full week. My dad always invites me to help with projects and get my opinions on things. It's not that I like to be alone because when I'm alone I'm left with my thoughts and we all know thoughts can turn toxic real quick."

"Yea I do... I'm glad that you have a loving family. When push comes to shove they'll be the only ones there by your side, " I  said pulling her up into a hug. We then began to ascend down the stairs meeting her dad and brothers who were seated in the living watching tv.

"I'm ready to head out hope to see you guys again soon, " I announced waving.

"Same here man we'll walk out with you, " Landon said getting up out of his seat. We made our way outside on the porch. It was now fairly dark and the only things producing light were the stars, streetlights, and the porch light.

"Well, Jaxton don't be a stranger, and boys text when you reach your place, " her dad said waving at us.

"Alright love you, dad, " the twins said in unison. We were stepping off of the steps but I turned around to wave at Chyna when I saw her eyes grow huge.

I turned around slowly and everything happened quickly yet in slow motion. I heard tires screeching and saw a black-on-black Dodge Charger with tinted windows come around the corner.

As they did they rolled down the window and started letting off a Glock with an extended clip. I looked back to see china running in the house as I pulled out my gun and started shooting back along with her brothers.

In the middle of our gunfire, I hear her scream loudly. The car swerved off and I quickly ran back to the house.

"Daddy!..... Dad!!!" she screamed. On the ground was her dad with his head on her lap. I looked down closely at him to see a bullet wound in his chest.

The ambulance was already on its and could be heard in the distance. I guess a neighbor called them in the middle of all this.

"Baby it's alright, " he said grabbing her hand and squeezing it. "Im very proud of the young woman you have become. Please follow your dreams and be who you were born to be not who someone wants you to be. I love you so much."

"I love you too Dad. Please don't leave me..." He gave her a soft smile in return. The ambulance pulled up in front of the house and as they did he whispered one more I love you and his eyes fluttered shut.

"Noooo! nooo! DAD! Don't leave me! Please don't leave!" Chyna kicked and screamed as they placed him on the stretcher and loaded him into the ambulance.

As they pulled off I managed to get china into the car while I go grab her things. As I did I sent a quick text and hurried back to the truck. She's sitting in the fetal position silently crying and shaking her head.

She's in no way in the hell going to sleep at her house tonight. I made my way to my house and carried her upstairs to my room where she immediately went to the bed and balled up in a ball crying harder.

This is going to be a long hard night.