~43~

(don't play the song yet)        
Jaxton
365 days later...

                         365 days....365 days without her...

It's been a year since I've seen her. Every single lead we've gotten has been a dead end. I don't think I've ever felt this empty inside. I stepped away from the gang and was alone. I shut everyone out for the better.

Over the past year, my anger and aggression have gotten worse. It's driving me crazy not knowing if she's dead or hurt. For her birthday I got her a red velvet cake cupcake and sat on the bridge by the water.

It was one of her favorite places to go. She used to say the scene helped calm her and remind her things always get better. I sat there repeating it over and over hoping it would be true.

Lyric and Diablo seemed to be coping with it well. Their relationship is as strong and healthy as ever. Oh, how I wish that was me...He gave her a promise ring. They tend to worry about me so we talk twice every month.

The gang has been good. Although six months ago Alizah got shot in the leg during a shoot-out with another girl. It was because the girl kept looking at Lizah's boyfriend and then bumped Lizah. I wasn't there so I wouldn't know for sure. Lizah doesn't play bout her man, money, and respect I will say that.

Lorenzo has been staying with me since Chyna's been missing. He's like a little brother to me even though we're only a few months apart. His aura and personality is that of an innocent young boy. I cherish it and wish I was still as innocent as him.

I will always look after him as if he were my flesh and blood. Her disappearance has been taking a toll on him. I don't know what's been worse the night terrors or the random crying episodes. I feel for him he's the only thing that's keeping me sane. He's giving me hope and the drive to keep fighting...fighting for her.

The town still has her listed as a missing person. At the community park, they gave her a memorial with her favorite things or things of a memory they had with her. Her Mom is taking it hard. Hell, everyone is taking it hard I don't know what the hell to do. I've gone over it over and again and I think it's time for me to move on.

There's nothing left for me to do. Since we've been apart for so long I've grown used to it. Sometimes I almost completely forget about her. I think it's best for me Lorenzo move to one of my safe houses out by the beach it's about an hour and 45 minute ride from here. It would be a fresh new start and scenery. I can't dwell on the past forever.

"hey renzo," I say quietly. I was so deep in my thoughts I hadn't noticed he had woken from his nap on the couch. "Yea," he answered raising his brow.

"How would you feel about moving out to the beach house...you know for a new change of scenery? We could leave now if you want." He sits quiet for a moment then begins to speak.

"Yeah, that does sound like a good idea given everything that has happened. I'll go pack but you need to text Diablo and let him know." He does have a valid point. While he starts packing I decide to text Diablo and tell him what's going on.

Jaxton: Hey, me and Renzo and moving into the beach house. We're packing now so we can hit the road.

Diablo: I'm sorry what?!!! What do mean you leaving today??!!