~2~

Jaxton

Oh my god. Today is the first day of junior year and leave it to my annoying asshole of a best friend Diablo to wake me up at 8:20 in the morning. Just for school...not anything else...just school. Who does that! Like what kind of best friend are you?

Here I am sitting in my black Dodge charger dressed in my usual dark attire. My trusty black skull cap, black pants, grey shirt, leather jacket, and timberlands. Yes I know it's hot outside and there is no reason to wear timberlands in this weather but you always have to be prepared for anything. You could be minding your business walking down the sidewalk and somebody bumps you. Since you have on your timberlands you can turn around and two-piece them in the face and stomp them. Pretty easy if you ask me. Then simply walk away and continue with your day.

Anyway, I've been sitting in front of this jackass house for 20 minutes. I left my house at 8:45 and it takes 15 minutes to get to his house from mine. It is 9:20 and boy is he gonna flip when he finds out he's late. I honked the horn again for what felt like the millionth time this morning. Finally, he came stumbling out of the house with his bookbag hanging off his shoulder and holding a rag to his forehead.

Jesus Christ now what did he do. He got in the car and put on his set belt as I pulled off. "Can we go to Dunkin doughnuts? I want an iced macchiato and a donut with sprinkles," he said readjusting his rag on his forehead.

"Why can't you just get Starbucks like I am?"

"Maybe because I don't want Starbucks have u ever thought of that genius. I have a taste for Dunkin today and Starbucks doesn't have doughnuts."

"A vanilla bean frappe would suit you perfectly you know."

"Ughhhh," he blew an exaggerated breath and looked out of the window.

He cleared his throat loudly and glanced at me then back at the window. I knew what he was doing I just like to irritate him sometimes.

"Wow looks like the new best friend search is on," he said staring at me. I continue to keep my eyes on the road with a blank face. "So you're not going to ask me why I have a rag on my forehead? Some friend you are."

I came to a red light so I finally turned to face him and answer his questions. "One we both know that you aren't going to replace me as your best friend. Two I don't think I want to know why because it is most likely something idiotic or doesn't make sense. I don't speak the language u speak."

"Okay maybe I won't replace u but sometimes u can be so oblivious towards me. I have you know sir that last night my durag was tied too tight and when I took it off this morning I had a deep line on my forehead. If you hold a warm cloth to your forehead it will help make the line go away faster, "He stated.

"Sure... it worked a little."

"Wait what do you mean you don't speak my language?"

"I don't understand nor do I speak the language that special people like you speak."

"Awwww you called me special!" His eyes got big as suckers. Then they narrowed at me. "Wait a damn minute u little piece of shit did u just call me mentally challenged?"

"You said it not me," I said making my way through the light. "You're always so mean to me. Sometimes you make me question if I should divorce you," he said crossing his arms and slumping down in the seat.

"Well you are going to divorce me or whatever you mean because we're stopping at Starbucks first," I said pulling the Starbucks drive-thru.

"Asshole," I heard him mutter turning towards the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
9:50 in the car

"Here you go," I said to Diablo as I passed him his macchiato and bag with his doughnut in it. "Happy now?" I said starring at him. He looked like a kid on Christmas Day opening presents.

"Yes, I am very much. Now please get going before I'm late." Here it is man this just might make my day. "Hate to break it to you but it's approximately 9:55 and Advisory started at 9:20. Also, the first block started 15 minutes ago. So in conclusion you were already late since the time you came out of the house." I saw him tense and turn around slowly facing me with a piece of doughnut about to fall out of his mouth.

"YOU DICK YOU KNEW I WAS LATE THE WHOLE TIME AND STILL MADE PIT STOPS BEFORE GOING TO SCHOOL!" He shouted his eyes twitching.

I looked at him with a slight smirk on my face. "Yes, I did because I know you would need a macchiato for first-day jitters."

"You and me both know that was bullshit of a lie. You just wanted to see me get upset and flip. Some of us like to be on time unlike you showing up late every time. Then first day jitters? Please just drive it is 10:00 and we are 15 minutes away from school so step on it," he said picking up his drink.

I watched him take a long sip of his macchiato. "Ok if you insist," I said as I stomped on the gas hard causing him to choke on his drink. Then I slowed down and let out a low chuckle.

"What the hell man I could have died," He yelled.

"But you didn't."