~29~

Jaxton

*Don't play song yet

"I'm telling you it just doesn't make sense. When he rolled down the window a red flag was around his wrist. The only gang that has a red flag around here is the Royal Street Ravens. We haven't done any threats or anything towards them so why would they show up at her house." I'm currently sitting here talking to Diablo and Tyler discussing the events from last night. I can't leave my bed because Chyna is holding onto me for dear life while staying fast asleep.

"Maybe it's because they weren't after you. Did they ever aim at you?" Tyler asked.

"Now that I think about it they were aiming at her brother London but one of the bullets ricocheted off the rail and hit their Dad."

"Still doesn't make any sense. I mean why would they shoot at London?" Diablo asked.

Then it clicked in my head. "I thought his face looked similar and Chyna said she knows someone who is in a gang what if it's him?"

"Could be right," Diablo said getting up off of the bed.

"Yup have fun asking her we're heading out," Tyler said grabbing his keys off my side table.

"Wait where are you guys going," I asked.

"Anywhere but here while you ask her. Have fun but remember to be gentle she's still hurt," Tyler said pulling Diablo with him out of the room shutting the door behind him. As if on cue Chyna slowly opened her red puffy eyes and stared at me confused.

"Ask me what?" she asked sitting up and moving across from me on the bed. Well here goes nothing I guess.

"It's about last night I understand if you don't want to talk about it."

"No, it's alright. A rival gang I think they are called the Royal Street Ravens I might be wrong but I think they are after London. Last night they aimed specifically for him and not you or Landen so I knew it wasn't someone after you guys. That explains why he left and came here for a 'surprise visit'. He's a member of the rollin heights ballas. I'm sure you've heard of them?"

"Yea I have. So Landen isn't a part of a gang?" I asked her trying not to pry too much. I just want to get a clear understanding of everything.

"No, he's not he's friends with them but he isn't a part of them. He has his priorities and life planned out for him. He told me he never wanted to be a part of that life because many times he thought about how it could affect his kids and future wife."

Now that I think about that he has a good point. I can't imagine bringing Chyna and our kids into something like this.

On the other hand, it's not like I can just walk away from the gang. I'm still young so I guess I'll come to those problems when I get there.

"He's not wrong when he says that, " I reply finally meeting her eyes again.

"Yea... I wish London thought like that because of him our father is dead. As much as I try to tell myself it's not his fault I don't believe it, " she managed to get out with her voice cracking.

I leaned over and pulled her into my lap so she's straddling me and hugged her tight. We stay like this for a few moments before she pulls away.

"Im going to go shower can you find some clothes for me, please?" I nodded my head and watched her enter the bathroom attached to my room and shut the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chyna
*Start playing the song^

I turned on the water making sure it was steaming hot water just how I like it. When I stepped in the water burned my skin but I stayed put letting it burn me until I felt numb.

Numb is what I felt not just physically but mentally. Realization is starting to set in and I'm realizing my Dad is gone and never coming back. I keep replaying his last words over and over in my head like a record stuck on repeat. I feel alone even though im not.

Dad used to tell me sometimes 'I'm not alone even when I feel I am. Keep a smile on your face because everything is going to be alright.'

I miss him so much. The thought of my life without him scares me. He's everything I ever knew. I will never take anyone else for granted or anything. In flash, it can disappear and you won't be able to do anything about it.

I love my brother dearly but what he has done has broken that love and trust bond. He's part of the reason why dad isn't here anymore. I know he's my brother and I'm supposed to love him but I can't. I can't even look or think about him without being disgusted and rage flowing through my body. Although the sad thing is...

I don't think I'll be able to look at him the same ever again.