~30~

Two Weeks Later...
*Don't play a song yet
⚠️This chapter contains alcohol substances and addiction⚠️

Chyna

Today is the day I have been dreading. Today is my father's funeral. A lot has happened in the last two weeks. Oh, and I mean a lot.

I'm sitting down at my vanity desk when my phone starts ringing. I picked it up to see that Landen is calling me.

He has been a wreck. Over the past two weeks, he has lost 6 pounds, hasn't shaved, hasn't eaten, and hasn't talked to London. Ever since the incident, they have been separated. London has tried to reach out to us but we have been ignoring him.

"Hello," I said answering the phone.

"Hey have you talked to mom she's not picking up the phone and the funeral starts in thirty minutes?" He asked in a worried voice.

"No I haven't but I will see what I can do if I can't get a hold of her within 5 minutes I will be there in 10 minutes."

"Alright be safe sis I love you,"

"I love you too," I replied hanging up the phone. Mom flew back here immediately once she heard the news about dad. To say it took a toll on her is an understatement. My mother has turned into an alcoholic.

All she does is drink every day and forget about all the important stuff she needs to do regarding dad and other things. I had to kick her out of the house and make her stay at another one of our homes which is her actual home anyway. The house we all lived in belonged to dad.

I grabbed my purse with my phone and keys and headed down the stairs. I set the alarm and opened the door to walk out only to be greeted by Jaxton.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him folding my arms.

"Im here to take you to the funeral, " he answered. I didn't have time or energy to argue with him so I just got into his car and gave him the directions to my mother's house.

Once we pulled into the driveway I got out and knocked on the door for two minutes straight and got no answer. I twisted the doorknob which turned out to be unlocked.

Sitting in the living room was the woman that is supposedly my mother drinking a Budweiser with many empty bottles surrounding her.

"The funeral is in 20 minutes come on, " I told her sternly. She looked at me and took a swig before getting up and placing black flats on her feet and grabbing her purse along with her beer.

Once we got in the car Jaxton sped off down the street. I reached into the backseat and threw her beer bottle out of the window and tossed her a handful of mints.

"Here eat these to cover up the horrific smell coming out of your mouth, " I said making a disgusted face.

"Bitch what the hell is wrong with you?!" she yelled at me. This just made me explode.

"Who the hell are you calling a bitch? If anyone is a bitch it's your alcoholic ass. While everyone has been planning dad's funeral and grieving you've been drowning yourself in beer and leaving us in the dirt."

"That's not true-"

"You shut up when I'm talking! Me, Landen, Jax, and the rest of my friends have been busting our asses to make sure dad is put away nicely. Your our mother! When things get rough you are supposed to lean on us and ask for help that's what family is for. You claim you loved him and us and I think you should start showing it before you lose all of us," I said getting out of the car and slamming the door.

Jaxton was already seated with Landen waiting on me and mom so the ceremony could start. Once we're seated the preacher starts the ceremony.

*Play song

"Today we are here to celebrate the life and memory of Thomas Alfonso Walker. I didn't know Thomas personally but from this crowd and from the things I've heard I can take it that he was a good man. Before we get into this ceremony I want you all to remember he may be gone but he is never forgotten. If anyone would like to come up and say something on Mr. Walker's behalf please come forward and we ask that your speech is under two minutes."

His sisters and brothers went up first then my grandparents. Next up to the podium, we're his cousins, aunts, uncles, and friends. Then it was his kid's turn. Landen went up first.

"Hey I don't want to be up here too long but I just wanted to say my dad was a good man and deserved better than what he got. I will always love him," he said stepping off of the podium and now it was my turn.

"Hello, I know you all have heard about how great of a man my dad was so no need to repeat it. My father was unique he had his own style and personality. He always believed in people and who they could become. On the outside, he looked brave and strong but in reality, he was timid and afraid of the world in a way but he never let that stop him. He used it as motivation throughout his life which in the end made him stronger and helped him accomplish his dreams. He grew up to be a loving father, Spouse, friend, relative, and community member. Overall he became one of the most highly rated and well-respected interior designers we have ever known. I love my Dad and I always will. My father's legacy will live on. He is gone but never forget," I finished finally releasing my tears.

Jaxton helped me back to my seat and held me for the rest of the ceremony. I saw London standing at the back the entire time. He didn't speak on dad's behalf and didn't stay to see the casket being lowered into the ground.

Everyone has already cleared out including mom. Jaxton's gang, Diablo and Lyric insisted on staying but I told them to leave since they have been here for almost three hours I know they're tired.

Lyric finally left after dropping a rose over the casket and saying a final goodbye and giving me a tight hug. Now it's just me, Jax, and Landen. Jaxton dropped his rose, then Laden, then me. We all bid our goodbyes and headed to the car.

Landen got in the car with us since he took an Uber here. After 40 minutes into the ride, I realized we were nowhere near home.

I thought it was just taking longer because he took a detour. Just as I was about to ask him where are we he parked the car in front of a small dark grey house with tinted windows.

"Follow me," he said getting out of the car. We followed him to the door where he did some sort of knock pattern before using a key to unlock the door.

We entered the house and followed him up the steps where he did the same knock pattern again on a bedroom door. Once he did someone opened the door.

When I peered through the door my heart dropped and I froze.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know the song doesn't really go with it but it kinda does but I like it so what the heck🤷🏽‍♀️.

What do you guys think so far?

Any thoughts on the dad's death or anything related to it?

Don't forget to comment and vote.😁❤️