Chapter 9 - Should she?

"On God, I'm staying on guardGotta watch out for my heartNever really know someone, oneSo I'll keep a distance betweenThe thought of you and meNever really know someone, one, one" - Lauren Jauregui ~ On guard ft

Gotta watch out for my heart
Never really know someone, one
So I'll keep a distance between
The thought of you and me
Never really know someone, one, one"
-
Lauren Jauregui ~ On guard ft. 6lack

EMPRESS

Empress stared deeply into King's eyes looking for something, anything that could show that he was lying to her.  But found none she only found determination and assurance.

Dammit. She couldn't find an excuse for this. Although she resented her father she could help but still love him. And she knows that she shouldn't even want a man like King consider how her father promised her to him but damn she wanted him.

"I-I" she paused thinking of her words. Her heart tightened while an unfamiliar feeling filled her.

"You?" he questioned. She sighed shaking her head as she released her hold in the railing of the balcony. "I think it's getting late," She spoke out seeing the muscle in King's jaw clench.

"You're right we should head to bed," he says as his lips curved into a disappointed smile as did Empress. "Yes, goodnight, King" she muttered turning herself away from him.

"You can't run away for forever, Empress," he says before she left into her bedroom.

________________

It was the next day, mid-afternoon and there Empress sat on her bed staring at her phone indecisive if she should call or not.

The words King had said to her filled her head as she rolled her eyes took her phone to her grasp before making the call.

"Hello?" Em called.

"HEYYY!!! BOSS WOMAN!!"Alissa yelled making Empress's heart swell with joy.  She chuckled before asking how Alissa was doing and with that Alissa began complaining to her how their old boss was cutting her pay and making her work overtime.

And from there she then switched to how she's taking a vacation next week to visit her and have their planned girl's night.

"Speaking of jobs and visiting me," she began biting down nervously on her bottom lip. "I was thinking why don't you moved down here with me and work for me since I'm planning to open a restaurant around here," she rambled.

Hearing nothing but silence in return she checked to see if Alissa had hanged up on here but she hadn't.

So why was she silent?

"Hello?" Empress called out.

"Em, I can't possibly take that offer," she began. "You just found out you're rich! you should be celebrating and investing into yourself not spending your money on me," she consoled making Em roll her eyes.

"Alissa I consider you to be my friend hell your the only friend I got so I'm going to fly you out here because there is nothing left in that old town for you. You're going to live with me and help me manage and grow my restaurant," Empress interrupted.

Once again a few silence struck between them before Aliss spoke out,

"Fine, but I want you to deduct some amount out of my pay since I'm staying with you," Alissa stated and of course Empress agreed knowing damn well she wasn't going to do that.

"Okay, I'll have my lawyer book you the flight so make sure to be on the lookout when he emails you the info," Alissa answered with okay but something still weighed on Empress's heart on what she really wanted to talk about.

"Alissa," she called out.

"Hmm?"

"Remember that guy I told you about that night?" Empress asked. "The one who said that your father promised you to him? If so, then yeah," she replied.

"Well, the other day I and him had run into each other at my father's company, well my company... But that besides the point he confronts in the mentioned room and things almost went a little sideways because the sexual tension between me and this guy is out of this world but-" Empress paused in thought what to say next.

"You're scared of how the relationship would turn out between you two and that you're a virgin," Empress's eyes widen in shock.

"Am I that easy to read? And when have I ever told that I'm a virgin?"  Empress gasped making Alissa chuckled.

"Yes you are and you being a virgin was very obvious honey," Immediately Empress asked her how.

"The way you would cringe every time I mention having sex with men but not when bout masturbating and the way Kurk would flirt and you kinda would flirt back but would immediately back out when you felt a tad bit of sexual tension,"

"But don't feel bad that your virgin I mean there's nothing wrong about it. And also no need to rush either when you feel the time is right, it's right."

"Thanks Alissa,"  She smiled before Aliss replied with no problem.

"Well, after that confrontation we had another one but this time on the balcony,"

"Balcony?!" Alissa blurted.

"Yeah we're neighbors and I accidentally saw him naked and he saw my naked breasts one time on the balcony but-"

"Wait a damn minute! You saw him naked and he saw your melons and you're just telling me about this?! Anyways how big is it?" she rambled making Empress chuckled a bit.

"Big- but besides that, we had met again on the balcony last night and we were flirting a bit and I had asked him to tell me about my dad. So things took their turns and he had confessed to why he really wanted me and damn I want him,"

"But you ran away like you always do," Alissa finished as a pinched of hurt met Empress's heart when faced with the truth.

"Yeah, but he's into some deep shit and-"

"Empress," Alissa spoke silencing Empress.

"You're making excuses and you know you are. And as your best friend, it's my job to smack some shit into you. If you want to really want to be with him tell him but tell him you want to start off as friends and take things slow and if that doesn't work out dust his ass," Alissa explained.

Empress nodded understanding what she should do but with a guy like King leaving him if she wanted to wouldn't even be possible.

"I understand, I'll give it some thought," Empress conceded. Alissa began chuckling making Empress confused about what so funny.

"I'm out here giving relationship advice when I'm so fucking single," she chortled making Empress chuckle along with her.

But Empress really wonders if she should go for what she really wanted.

Or should she run away like she always does?

_____________________