Chapter 38 - Conspiracy theories?

EMPRESS

EMPRESS

"I'm sorry!" yelled JongWoo as I slammed the car door behind me.

My heels clicked loudly against the pavement but immediately came to a halt when the driver's side of JongWoo's door opened.

"Why couldn't you just tell me that we were going to meet with them?"  I questioned JongWoo only sighed before shrugging his shoulders.

"I don't know I-, it's just I-"

"JongWoo! I hate liars! I know you forgave them because you understand where they're coming from since-"

"I just wanted the ease the tension between us since I need Marcus to help me with something,"

Exhaled in disbelief couldn't he have just told me so, instead of me getting all excited and dressing up for a supposed "dinner date"?

Turning away so I could remove myself from the escalating pressure.

I angrily walked to my front door.

I definitely felt JongWoo's eyes planted on my ass as I did.

Which made me even angrier. How could he focus on something like that instead of what he had done?

Ugh!

Men.

"Wait, Baby, I'm sorry," he apologized.

I paused again while placing my hand on the handle.

Taking a deep breath I slowly turned around glancing at JongWoo who was not too far from me.

"Look, Mama, I'm gonna be smart this time and communicate," he began taking a step in front of me drawing us closer.

"I just think, that you-we shouldn't judge them for lying when Black made them swear to the oath that they shouldn't disclose to us about Daku and Alissa being your bodyguard-"

"And me knowing how your old man was he was quite convincing and menacing," I only rolled my eyes tired of hearing about my no-good of an excuse of a father.

"And Alissa, I genuinely think that she wasn't faking the bond of friendship you had together," JongWoo smiled as he used a hand of his to uplift my chin towards him.    

"Yes, she lied but if you guys' relationship was built on the money she would've left you or unfriended you but no, she stayed,"