Chapter 2 - Sorry

"There was a woman born from a LotusHer heart was golden, deep as the oceanAnd then this one man, he came and broke it'Til it was open, just like a LotusOh, yes, there were explosionsShe found her focus, the beast awoken"  - Jhene Aiko ~ Lotus

Her heart was golden, deep as the ocean
And then this one man, he came and broke it
'Til it was open, just like a Lotus
Oh, yes, there were explosions
She found her focus, the beast awoken" - Jhene Aiko ~ Lotus

EMPRESS

I stared out of the window eyeing new sights of people and buildings in the new city, Atlanta.

The awkward silence was not disregarded as Marcus who sat across from me stayed silent as he flipped through the file he held onto tightly.

Letting out a sigh Marcus's eyes looked up from the book gazing directly at me.

"Miss Black as I assured you your mother's house will be taken care of and your belongings have already been transferred to the estate so there's no need to worry," he stated flashing his eyes quickly back to his file.

"It's not that I'm worried, it's just this is feeling all too real and a little easy for me to believe this is true," I spoke out exactly what was on my mind.

Marcus sighed again closing his file before resting it down on the side of him.

"Miss Black I'm only going on with what your father, who was a great friend and client of mine left me with," he began crossing his legs.

"It was your father's dying wish and will that all his assets were passed down to his heir which is you, Empress. And you have already signed the contract which means there's no going back now," he finished pushing his glasses upon his face.

"And may I warn you, Miss Black, please be aware of your neighbor, King he was quite like a son to your father and I'm sure he's very curious to meet you, " Marcus snickered as though he knew something that I didn't.

Taken back I opened my mouth to say something when Marcus interrupted me once again.

"And as you said I have booked you an appointment of a real estate who will take you around the city help you find a place for your restaurant, "

Nodding my head, I turned my head towards the window looking out to watch as the pile of mansions flew by.

My mouth was left agape as I stared up towards the mansion my father left behind for me.

Marcus stood there with his hand inside his pocket shaking his head before he looked at his watch.

"Oh come on Miss Black your father have bigger mansions than this or should I now say you have bigger mansions than this in different countries and cities, " Marcus said.