Chapter 1 - Inheritance...

***RECONSTRUCTED***

"I don't do well under pressureI don't know it allI wish I had all the answersFix it all myself (Oh)I feel overwhelmed"- Chloe x Halle ~ Overwhelmed

I don't know it all
I wish I had all the answers
Fix it all myself (Oh)
I feel overwhelmed"
- Chloe x Halle ~ Overwhelmed

EMPRESS

"Another plate of Gumbo, Em!" Alissa yelled as she grabbed the two plates of gumbo I placed down for her. I quickly began making my way to make up more plates of my famous gumbo that everyone loved around here.

Over the years of getting my degree in culinary, all I got was being a chef to a shabby diner that was only getting money because of my cooking.

And besides that, my boss Rick doesn't even pay me much at all. All he does is stare at me most of the time. And by at me, I mean my ass.

Alissa, my self-proclaimed bestie says it's because my ass is fat and since my uniform is a little tight it makes it more appealing/noticeable.

But back on topic, I was hoping to save up enough money to open my own restaurant with the little change earned at this diner but the way my mom's house mortgage Is looking I doubt that.

"Coming right up!" I shouted back placing the plates into Alissa's hands. A few minutes passed by when the sound of store doorbell rang telling us that another customer had entered.

Not paying any attention to it I stayed focused on my cooking as I stirred the big ladle around into the pot of piping hot gumbo.

It hadn't taken Alissa a while before she popped up at the window. "Hey Em! Some white man is saying that he wants to speak with you," Alissa stated.

Who the hell would want to talk to me?

And a white man at that?

Hope it's not IRS.

Because I really don't have any friends.

Dropping the towel on my shoulder on the counter I sighed before letting Alissa show me who was calling me.

Leading to this sliver fox white looking man, who looked very rich. Alissa smiled at him winking before walking off.

Shaking my head, I then took a seat staring face to face with this stranger until he pushed his hand out forward towards me.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Miss Black," he smiled.