Chapter 10 - Asking Questions...

"Build somethingFeel somethingHeal somethingBuild somethingWorth fighting forWorth crying forWorth dying forI had to be yours "- Eric Bellinger ~ Build Something

"Build something
Feel something
Heal something
Build something
Worth fighting for
Worth crying for
Worth dying for
I had to be yours "
- Eric Bellinger ~ Build Something

EMPRESS

"Do they follow you around everywhere you go?" Alyssa asks staring bewilderedly at Ben and his men.

"Yes, "  Empress sighed skimming through the isle.

"Even though we're just grocery shopping?" She questioned and in return, Empress nodded.

Alissa had arrived three days later that week and Empress loved having someone familiar around although her friend can ask a lot of questions.

"Why? Hey you know I never ask what your father did anyway to get all this money," Alissa thought resting a finger on her chin.

"Um, you don't have to tell if you don't want since it's none of my business," she quickly added.

Empress smiled loving how non-pressuring Alissa could be.

But if she was going to live with her then she should at least know the danger of it.

"I'll tell you in the car," Empress only said and in return, Alissa nodded her head before continuing to help Em, with the shopping.

Insisting they split the bill Empress finally gave in saying yes to her stubborn friend you in return jumped in victory.

Soon after they were finished they had let the guards pack the car with groceries before going into the car with Ben.

Driving off Empress fiddle with her fingers before biting down on her bottom lip.

"My father was a Mafia leader," she blurted out.

Whipping her head back Alissa's mouth gaped.

Empress watched her friend as she took a deep breath before nodding her head.

"Oh, well that explains a lot," Alissa said nodding her head.

"But are we finna die?" She questioned.

Empress's eyes widen as she immediately told her no and asked why she would question her that.

"I just want to know in case we might have to get prepared," she says.

"Wait you aren't scared, surprised?"

"Not really when you've grown up around drug dealers and even got to date one," Alissa shrugged.

"Heck, he even showed me how to aim," Empress looked in her in shock.

Now that she and Alissa are getting closer than they've ever been she's getting to know things about her and it's very surprising.