Chapter 4 - Promises?

"I want youI want youI can tell you want me too, girl "

"I want you
I want you
I can tell you want me too, girl "

- Elliot Trent ~ I want you

EMPRESS

"Are you sure this is okay?" I asked Rosa looking at myself through the mirror. I wasn't sure if I was overdressing or the opposite I just hoped that this be okay

 I wasn't sure if I was overdressing or the opposite I just hoped that this be okay

"You look beautiful, Empress" she smiled. I thanked her before peeking out my window seeing how bright and crowded King's house got.

Grabbing my bags and everything I began making my way down the hall downstairs. Joe and Ben began making their way over to me before I raised my hand stopping them.

"I'm right next door there's no need for bodyguards" I stated earning a nod from the two. Turning around I left the house making my way down the driveway to the front gate.

Finally, I arrived next door and was surprised by seeing a man at the door holding an iPad.

"Name?" he asked not bothering to look up at me.

"Empress Black, " I said finally getting the man's attention.

His eyes ran over me before he gulps as though he was nervous.

"Sorry, Miss Black, King was waiting for your arrival, " he stated letting me through.

He's waiting for me? Why?

"Thank you?" I replied moving forward immediately reaching the crowd of people who were dancing.

Maybe I shouldn't have come. I sighed noticing one of the men in black pressing into his earpiece before his eyes then met with mine.

He then nodded his hand and began making his way over towards me.

Oh hell.

"Miss Black, King is awaiting your arrival, please follow me, " he stated.

Feeling a bit suspicious of this I hesitated before I eventually gave in to following him. I mean I definitely don't know where to go in this big mansion so I might as well.

And once I did, I was led into a room where only a few people were.

My eyes scanned around the room before meeting cold dark eyes.

A smile grew on the man they call King as if he was amused by how I showed up.

"Empress, " he spoke making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Damn.

The way he spoke my name gave me chills that I've never felt before. His long luscious black hair was pulled into a ponytail as the bright red suit that screamed danger was tailored to perfection.

His biceps were surely noticed as those tattoos that the suit tries to hide. "King," I replied meeting my brown eyes with his dark ones. "I'm very delighted that you chose to come to my event," He smiles before taking a sip of his drink.

"Sit," he gestures point over to the seat beside him. Biting my lip indecision I finally gave it taking a seat next to King.

"So, how's moving here gotten you?" he asks leaning in towards me. Leaning away a bit I smiled before shaking my head chuckling.

"Quite fine, Mister Kim," I smiled earning a jaw clenched from him. I guess he doesn't like to be called that.

"So How do you know my father? You seem a bit young for you and him to be best buds," I question tilting my head to the side in curiosity.

Before King could speak a waiter had interjected us by offering me a glass which I thankfully took.

"Your father took me in when no one wanted me and taught me business," he says making me pause. So my father took him in?

"He's told so much about his daughter and his wife and how he regretted how things had turned out," A sigh escaped my lips. I didn't come here for this. In fact, I don't know why I even came here in the first place. Just as I was about to get up a voice caught my attention.

"Don't move, Empress," he ordered, his voice deep and stern making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

King's eyes went over to one of his men before motioning him a signal as the people inside the room exited, leaving us alone.

"I know you do not want to hear about your father but there is something that I was promised to and I do expect to collect it," his voice spoke out

Once again my eyes met his.

"And that's what?" I asked but somehow deep inside I knew what he was about to say.

"You," he rasped making my stomach churn.

"I'm not a possession,"

"That you are not Empress but you are mine," he smirked making the anger that was already building inside me increase,

"From the moment your father showed me a picture of you I knew I wanted you but your father said I couldn't have you unless I exceed his legacy and that I did,"

"Whatever went on between you and my father is none of my business," I spoke out.

"Yes, but mark my words, Empress Black, that you will be, no, you are mine,"