Chapter 16 - Memories...

"Never felt, never held, never had no love like you(Oh na na na na)But this right here, I'm keepin' to myselfI don't wanna lose(Oh na na na na)YouDon't wanna lose youCouldn't, can't, wouldn't, won't lose you, yeah" - Partynextdoor ~ Peace of Mind

(Oh na na na na)
But this right here, I'm keepin' to myself
I don't wanna lose
(Oh na na na na)
You
Don't wanna lose you
Couldn't, can't, wouldn't, won't lose you, yeah"
- Partynextdoor ~ Peace of Mind

THIRD POV.

"Your daughter, Empress is finally warming up to me, old man," Jong-Woo sighed as he looked down at the stoned casket.

King stood tall in an all-black suit, his hands dug into his suit pants while his hair was slicked back into a long ponytail.

He sighed before gulping thinking of how he hated coming to cemeteries but he had been coming to this same private cemetery almost every week.

He bit the outside of his cheek as he released a hand from his pocket before resting it on his hip.

Fuck.

Dean and Felix stood close by I'm watching his every move. It was their job to have his back to keep him safe.

After all, he was the new boss.

"She's as beautiful since the day you took me to go see her," King smiled closing his eyes.

Truthfully he was tired, angry, and confused.

He never wanted to take the old man's place but the old man had known JongWoo had taken a liking to his daughter.

So he made him promise that he would take his place if anything had happened to him.

JongWoo sighed remembering the day to that promise.

_______

"Come on old man!" Jong-Woo yelled following blindly after Mister Black as he walked the halls of his home.

"I said no! Why would I let a fucker like you have my daughter?!" he growled hitting his cane against the floor.

"Don't call me that, you know I would never treat your daughter bad," 19-year-old King scoffed.

"Her mother...I don't want my daughter involved in this life," the old man exhaled his eyes casting down.

"She's already involved you know that, Old man that's why you have a shit ton of guards following her now without her knowledge" JongWoo spoke rolling his eyes.

After Nala, Empress's mother had died the word of Black attending his daughter's mother's funeral somehow got out.

Which made the man even more paranoid than usual so he had double the guards on his daughter.