Chapter 39 - Her Truth.

EMPRESS

EMPRESS

"So you and Marcus you guys are?" Empress began.

Like she had asked she and Alissa had met up.

They had already shared a light-hearted discussion and had decided to move past their differences and start over as friends.

"Yes, we're married," she confirmed, nodding her head.

"Wow, um, How?"

"Whilst I was protecting you I and Marcus were beginning to converse and get close with one another," Alissa began.

"It's basically the same story I told you about that one time where I thought I could dominate him and you know," Empress chuckled shaking her head.

"So you really have Daddy issues," Alissa gasped before laughing aloud.

"I guess you can say that," Alissa shrugged.

"But I guess I should tell you my story since I already know yours,"

"Alissa, you don't have to," Empress began but was immediately interrupted by the look in Alissa's eyes.

"I want to tell you," She decided.

"Oh! Sorry, I guess I should call you Evelyn now," Alissa immediately shook her head disagreeing.

"I prefer to be called Alissa that name just suits me," she reassured.

"When I was fifteen my father sold me to some drug lord in New Orleans and never looked back. Um, I guess you could say I looked very mature for my age so all it took was one look at my body, and he-"

"Oh, Alissa I'm so-" Alissa raised her hand stopping Empress. She could feel the back of her throat beginning to tighten as it hurt every fiber of her being to continue.

But she wanted to tell Empress and she was going too.

"The man w-would rape me and abuse me all to the age of sixteen until an assassin had gotten a hit on him. Turns out a lot of men and women wanted him dead. Pedro was the assassin, he took me in," Empress watched how Alissa smiled at the name of Pedro.

"He was like the father I never had, he trained me, loved me, cared for me. He became my comfort, my safe space, my Pedro, my home" Alissa cried. Empress immediately wrapped her arms around Alissa as she listened attentively to her.

"He should me the way to survive, the way of a trained killer. He died when I turned twenty. God, I miss him, he would always yell at me in Spanish when I wouldn't attend those stupid therapy sessions he would force me to go to," Alissa chuckled as her mind recalled the memories of Pedro.

"He sounds like he cared about you so much," Empress consoled.

"I know. Um, Anyways I continued to do what he taught me, you know, taking jobs, staying alive and that's when I got a call from Marcus," Alissa explained clearing her throat. Her heart warmed at the name of her husband.

"When I met Marcus he was very frantic about us getting together. Telling me that this wasn't right! I should be with a man around my age," Empress couldn't help but chuckle at the roll of Alissa's eyes.

"He knew there was a connection between us and tried to downplay it but, I got him to let his walls down although I kept mine up from time to time,"

"He broke them down quickly though once he got me but anyways that's all to me, Evelyn Alissa Ellis," Alissa finished

Empress squeezed Alissa tight in her embrace making her squeal in surprise.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you," Empress soothed.

"Em, it's alright, I'm all healed and good," Alissa reassured looking directly into Empress's eyes.

"And you shouldn't have to apologize for what happened to me. I'm just glad that we're friends again and I promised never to lie and tell you all truth from now on," Alissa affirmed resting her hand on Empress's shoulder.

Empress smiled, feeling the sincerity and genuineness from Alissa promised.

Although it might take a while to fully get their friendship back to the way it was she was happy that they were staring over and revealing new things to each other.

________

JONGWOO

"Impossible!" Marcus' outburst shook his head as JongWoo and the guys told them their theories.

"Rayshawn and Tanya killing Black? How stupid of a theory is that?!" Marcus scoffed making King roll his eyes.

"Then how did Tanya know Black was dead? We never leaked that info to anyone in that town," Marus narrowed his eyes pushing his glasses up before sighing.

"Well, I'm sure Empress's coworkers did. I did rent out their diner to tell her about inheritance so maybe those who were there ran their mouths?" Marcus prompted folding his arms.

"Then what about the killer knowing where Black was?  Did RayShawn know about the meeting before Black kicked him out ?" Marcus paused pondering for a moment.

"He might since he and Black were close but Black, would  always complain about Rayshawn, But also  paid Rayshawn a lot of money before he let him go so why would Rayshawn do such a thing?" Marcus queried.

"Unless, it was Tanya Rayshawn Babymother she always would get in his head about money and make him mess up on the jobs which was the reason Black had to let him go," JongWoo nodded as he listened.

"So the real culprit is Em's Aunt?" Felix queried.

"I told y'all I didn't like her ass from Mrs. Black's funeral. Because who shows up to their sister's funeral dressed in a hot pink suit when the theme was black and blue?" Dean huffed.

"Right! I remember, Black wanted her handled because it was disrespectful,"

"And she wore a big ass derby hat," Kit added making Marcus shake his head.

"Guys, stay on topic, please " JongWoo smiled shaking his head.

"Right, Sorry" all three replied.