46 || The Girl Who Cried Wolf

Song: Lana Del Ray - Dark Paradise (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Alessio

Power is silence.

There's always going to be someone sitting on the sidelines, waiting for you to fail and more often than not it's someone who's once smiled at you, greeted you or even congratulated you.

Which is why you never share anything important with those around you. You never know who's waiting to use it against you.

You don't share you're good days and you don't share your bad days.

You simply go on about your day and hope to God no one pisses you off. For your own sanity and theirs.

But even that seemed like too much to ask for these days. I couldn't get some time to work in peace without some sort of disturbance.

Even now I could feel it coming.

It started with the clicking of her heels as she walked into the room, and then it was the harsh breaths escaping her flared nostrils. And when she couldn't take enough of me ignoring her, Greta decided to shatter the peace and quiet by opening her mouth.

I don't both to look up from my desk at the sound of my name and instead offer her a distracted hum.

"She did it again!"

I glance up from my papers to meet her eyes, hoping to God that the look on my face told her what I didn't have the energy to say. Leave me alone.

But instead I'm met with that sneer on her face. The same one I've been seeing too frequently in the last few days since she's decided to come by more often.

The same one that she's reserved for Giana.

Greta's frequent presence in the manor hadn't been serving well for anyone. Not only was she disturbing all our lives but Giana and Greta were constantly at each other's throats and it was a never ending cycle.

It had been a few days since the breakfast I had with Giana, and instead of things turning out better for us all that came out of it was Giana's need to act out.

It was as though our conversation acted as a catalyst for her behaviour towards Greta.

In fact, I had an inkling she was picking fights with Greta on purpose, with the intention of having Greta come complaining to me.

It went from little snide remarks to Greta claiming Giana was trying to ruin her career.

Giana leaked a video of me yelling at the staff to a gossip account, and now people are cancelling me for being a bitch!

Giana told the chef to cook only Italian food even after I made it clear that I couldn't have any carbs or meats!

Giana this, Giana that.

And I was fucking sick of Greta's whining. "If she's so bothersome, why don't you leave?" I say looking back down to my paper.

It was clear what Giana was doing. She was trying to get a reaction out of me.

But Alessio 2.0 wasn't going to crack. He was rational and calm. He didn't let his anger get the better of him.