1: What was once my home

Bran Castle, home of the legendary Count Dracula, or at least that where they say he lives. Featuring Romanian words but don't worry I'll put what they mean next to them. Warning: death, don't like don't read.

🇷🇴Romania 1889🇷🇴

Victoria's POV:

The sun has set, we can finally open the curtains to a beautiful night.
Knock knock. "Doamna mea (my lady) breakfast is ready."
I opened my coffin, "come in." Ecaterina is the best vampire maid you can find in Romania, she brought in my favorite breakfast, red velvet pancakes with a side of hunny. "Doamna mea I thought you'd actually be sleeping in your bed, you know the human one," she said. "I know but I was in a coffin mood last morning." "Oh, very well, I'll go pick out your dress for today."

🧛‍♀️after breakfast🧛‍♀️

A red turtleneck dress with black embroidery at the hems, "buna alegere (good choice) Ecaterina." "Multumesc (thank you)." My butler Lucian came in and took my breakfast trey. "Doamna mea, your father wishes to speak to you." "I'll be right out, and let me guess he's in his studies?" My butler smiled and you could see his vampire teeth, "you know him so well."
On the walk to his studies are paintings of our family, generation after generation, from ice blonde to silver grey to raven black like me. There's a space open that's for my family, oh but that won't be till the 1900's. I looked at his studies door and it looked opened, I think I know what he wants to do. I went in and made sure to close the door, "father, you wanted to see me?" The only light was from the fireplace and three candles on his desk. I heard a creek behind me.

"Good evening, fiică (daughter)." I turned left and attacked with my left hand, but he caught me and turned me back around, holding both my hands behind me. "Tsk tsk, you did it again, Victoria." "I'm sorry father I can't help myself, I'm left handed." "How many times do I have to tell you prinţesă (princess) turn right, punch, then put a steak through the heart." We sat down next to the fireplace.
"Practicing on dummies is easier," I said. "Well you're almost one hundred and eighteen, if you want to fly free you have to learn how to protect yourself, wether your foe is human or not." We each had a cup of blood in our hands, "yeah yeah I get it," I took a drink, "speaking of fly free, where did you meet mother again?" The count had a picture of his countess on top of the fireplace.
He took a sip and a breath—even though we don't need to—"I met her in Londra (London) and those were crazy times over there, crazier then now with Jack the Ripper and a ship from there sinking." I love taking with him here when we should both be working. "You said you had friends there right?" "Three, and if you study more on there we might just go for your birthday."
I drank the rest like you'd drink shots, "goodbye father, mother," and went to the library. Halfway through the hall behind me I heard "I said might."

The east wing of the castle has the library, I could stay here all night and day, I tried once. I found a book on Grim Reapers and halfway through I fell asleep, when I woke up it was gone, just like the reapers of Romania.

🧛‍♀️time skip🧛‍♀️

"Doamna mea your father told me to come get you, he asked if you wanted to go hunting with him," Ecaterina said. "Did you pick my outfit?" "It's on your bed."
I put back the novel and flew to my room. Black trousers, boots, and a corset top—if my old man saw it he'd hunt me down.

🌳outside in the forest🌳

Me and my father love hunting when it's a full moon, the animals are out in the open, it's like a buffet. The human blood we drink is from blood banks, animal, human, it's blood none the less. Aurel and Lucian are with us because what we drink then has to be hidden. I scratched a deer and then sank my teeth in it, "well done prinţesă, now let's see if you can kill people physically better than animals." I slapped his arm. We do this every full moon, we bond more here then we do one special occasions, we've killed at least a dozen animals and it's only 1:00.
"Hey father do you think we should—" "shhhh." He took his finger off my lip. Being a vampire you can hear as far as one hundred feet . . . We heard a crack.
"Humans," Aurel and Lucian said.
To my right behind a bush I saw a human fire a crossbow, but it didn't hit me . . . my father pushed me and it hit him. "Count!" "Father!" He fell with a steak in the heart. I could already see him turning old and into ashes, "Count what do we do?" Aurel said. "Humans have never gone this far into the forest," Lucian said. All I could do was sit there next to him and look at his face, to see if I can remember it when it's gone. "Butlers, t-tell everyone what happened, a-and take Victoria to London." He emphasized take Victoria to London, then he moved his hand that was getting old to my cheek. "Go to London . . . that's the safest place you'll be." I'm not sure if I was crying or it started to rain, but either way I put my hand over his. "Te iubesc mica mea printesa vampir." (I love you my little vampire princess)

🧛‍♀️time skip🧛‍♀️

All I had with me was a suitcase that was already prepared, I changed my trousers and boots, put on a long sleeve shirt and my blood colored cloak.

"Your father knew this would happen someday, we just weren't expecting so soon," Ecaterina said. My father . . . Count Dracula . . . I took his amulet that has been passed down in this family through generations. And my mother . . . I ran into my fathers studies and took her picture, I wasn't leaving this place without it. Me, Ecaterina, Lucian, and Aurel ran off into the night, leaving Bran Castle behind.

I'm gonna try and publish 2 chapters at a time, but if it takes a while it's not just because it's 2, but because I have college homework.