47: The Concert (Part 1)

Featuring the song This Is Me from the movie, The Greatest Showman.

Victoria's POV:

"So this is a model of the stage?" "Yes and if we get a full house, over a thousand will see you on that stage," Undertaker said. "Uh, how exactly are are you gonna get a full house stadium?" Othello asks. "Just say the tickets are free," Ronald said. "Yes, but we can't just spread the word, we have to get our other friends to talk about it as well," I said. "Yes but you're forgetting the most important thing," Grell said. "What's the name of the concert?" They all looked at me. "Oh don't worry I got the name . . . This Is Me." Silence. "Don't you get it, this show is trying to tell my story and how I got here," I said, "everything about me, and no matter what happens, I'm still me, the half vampire half Grim Reaper of the GRDA."

"I'm picturing you, your silhouette and your axe guitar about to walk out onto stage, and on the top it says This Is Me," Eric said. "But that's just the cover of the outside poster." "Another could be half your face showing, and the other half is shown on the other side like a mirror, but on the mirror your eye is red and you show your fangs," Alan said. "That one is also interesting." "Well you can decide later, you have a photo shoot in half an hour," Will said. I walked over to him, "Will you know I don't appear on cameras right." He pushed his spectacles up, "I know, but only when your eyes are red, just take the pictures with your eyes yellow-green, and then pick the ones that you want your eyes red." "Alright then, Grell, dad, you're coming with me."

📸at the photography studio📸

"There she is, I'm Ian I'll be your photographer, and I see you brought . . . guest." "Oh they're harmless I assure you, he's my dad and manager and she's . . . Dad, where'd Grell go?" "Hehehe ran off to the wardrobe and makeup." "There's some old clothes inside the wardrobe that you can take for your show," Ian said, "but first let's start with the GRDA, is that your death scythe?" "My axe guitar yeah, but I have another, just say the word and it shall appear," I said.
After a few pictures in my uniform it was finally time to go back and forth in changing clothes. Grell wanted in on some pictures and Ian said it was ok, he'd even mail them to him. "Alright so the outfits you'll be wearing are the first one you war on the young Earls stage," Dad said. "Then the one granny gave you." "Then one I picked, although I'm stuck between three," Grell said.

" "Then one I picked, although I'm stuck between three," Grell said

"The middle one," I said, "we can use the others for other shows. Then an outfit for a father-daughter duet, and lastly the corset top and leather jacket and jeans." "Oh yes your witch outfit," Grell said, "love it." "Did you say duet?" When we got home and tried on the outfits I couldn't believe what was happening, I was so afraid I'd leave my room wearing one of the outfits and jump in the pool. "Grell here's the outfit I'm gonna wear when I sing with my dad," I said.

 "Grell here's the outfit I'm gonna wear when I sing with my dad," I said

"Hmm . . . Boots or heels?" Grell ask. "Boots," I said. "Oh but come—"
"Hey my concert, not yours." Three days later the photos were done—we used Eric's first idea—now it was just get these stacks of paper out around the city and tell everyone there's a show in Skull Stadium. I even ran into Any and she offered to help spread the papers.

🖤💀show time💀🖤

"Othello just informed me that it's a full house," Dad said. We all cheered. "See what I tell you, say the tickets are free and people will come running in," Ronald said.

Undertaker's POV:

Everything was on schedule: Will and Othello up in the technology booth making sure everything came on cue, Sacha and Rudgar would be taking pictures and filming, Ronald dancing with the others because he begged, Eric and Alan would be on stage playing instruments—well the classical ones—and me and Grell back here helping her get ready when she needs to. Grell gave her one last makeup check and I handed her the microphone. "Blow the roof off this place dearie."
"Oh . . . I intend to."

Victoria's POV:

The show starts off dark, then out of nowhere me running down the ally's of London.
"I am not a stranger to the dark."
Then the scene of me and Undertaker where he says he'd never forgive himself if I was hurt.
"Hide away, they say"
The other of me crying and him saying he's a strange but kind man who'll keep me off the streets.
"'Cause we don't want your broken parts."
Then Will saying I'm on the to-die list but Undertaker saying what if she became one of us.
"I've learned to be ashamed of all my scars."
My signature.
"Run away, they say"
And my eyes opening up, one red one yellow-green.
"No one'll love you as you are."
A little spotlight shines on me, and as the song crescendos the light gets brighter.
"But I won't let them break me down to dust
I know that there's a place for us
For we are glorious."

Cheers . . . didn't expect that.

"When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown 'em out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me."
Cheers got louder.
"Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum."
"I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me."

Chorus, and whatever is between () is also the chorus.

"Oh-oh-oh-oh
"Hello reapers of London."
"Oh-oh-oh-oh
"I'm sure some of you know me."
"Oh-oh-oh-oh
"Some of you don't know me."
"Oh-oh-oh-oh
"But after tonight, you'll want more."
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh."

I walked down the catwalk.

"Another round of bullets hits my skin
Well, fire away 'cause today, I won't let the shame sink in
We are bursting through the barricades and
Reaching for the sun." (we are warriors)
"Yeah, that's what we've become." (yeah, that's what we've become)

"I won't let them break me down to dust
I know that there's a place for us
For we are glorious."

To the left.
"When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown 'em out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me,
To the right.
"Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me."

"Oh-oh-oh-oh
"Now if you have your death scythe."
"Oh-oh-oh-oh
"Or just your hands, wave'm side-to-side."
"Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
And they did.
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh
This is me."

"And I know that I deserve your love
(Oh-oh-oh-oh) There's nothing I'm not worthy of."
(Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh)
It was one light on me again.
"When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown 'em out
This is brave, this is bruised
This is who I'm meant to be, this is me."

I snapped my finger and everything was back.

"Look out 'cause here I come (look out 'cause here I come)
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum (marching on, marching, marching on)
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me."

I was carried back to center stage in a coffin, but the reapers didn't care, they just waved their hands or clapped to the beat.

"When the sharpest words wanna cut me down,
(I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown 'em out)
I'm gonna send a flood
Gonna drown 'em out
Oh
"Say it with me."
"This is me."

75% of the reapers here said it, but I can get them all in due time.