17: The love storys

Victoria's POV:

I bruised and flossed my teeth. Now I was cozy I'm my hotel bed ready for my father to talk about his personal life from long ago. "Alright remember my room is just under this floor—" "Yeah yeah just get to the story," I said. "*sigh* Alright then, what to tell . . . Got it. It was a rainy night . . ."

She was nowhere in the manor, then from a hall window I saw someone in the garden house. When I went in she was watering the white roses with her tears. "Claudia, what's wrong?" She didn't talk until she looked me in the eyes and said, "I can't do this my reaper. I can't guard the underworld." She was weeping in my arms, "I can't do it," she said. "I'm still too young." I didn't like the sound coming out of her voice. "Claudia, I took the souls of mostly children today. Now I don't like doing that, but it is my duty as a Grim Reaper, and it is your duty to guard the underworld." I wiped her eyes with my thumbs. "I know you can do it." "Thank you, it's nice to know I have eyes in the underworld," she said. "I didn't say I was going to help you."

"Well then what did you say to her, why did you go there in the first place?" I asked. "Hehe I had forgotten, so to not look like an idiot I asked her to dance. And so we danced those tears away."
"Awwww."
"Yes awwww, I returned two nights later, because I remembered what I was going to tell her." I sat up straight, "what did you tell her?" He leaned back on the seat.
"I told her I loved her." I screamed into the pillow. "What happened next, tell me."
"*sigh* I kissed her. I kissed her under the moonlight, under the dome of the garden house."

Undertaker's POV:

I gave her a handkerchief to dry her tears of joy. "That was beautiful," Victoria said. "Yes it was, now lay back down it's bed time." "I don't think I can, I mean the stories just got exciting," she said. "Oh you want stories, well then I'll tell you about our picnics." She snuggled back down. "Our first was at Hyde Park, while I got everything ready, she came on horseback with her butler because no lady could leave the house without an escort."

"Really, a horse?" "Really in public, what if someone sees us," Claudia said. "Don't worry we're close to the trees, no one will see us. Now let's eat the food before the ants do."

"We had a good time, I even met her back at the manor and we went on a stroll with the horses." "Did the stroll become a race," Victoria asked. "Hehe, no that was another day. Anyway our picnics were like any other: it would be short because rain was coming, it would rain on us, but what I never forgot to take to the picnic was a white rose for her." "How sweet," she put her hand under her pillow. "Yes, our best were under a tree near a river a few miles from her manor."
"*yawn* Those are even more romantic," Victoria said. Yes, yes they were.
"Alright you've had enough stories and I am tired, good—"
"Daddy wait," she grabbed my arm, "I was wondering this at the party but I didn't have time to tell you. What would Claudia think of the dance we pulled off, and that was actually our first time dancing too." "You're right, it is our first time."
I sat on her bed thinking. ". . . If she were here, she'd say I still got the moves."
I saw a smile with two sharp teeth. "Ready to hear one last story for tonight?"
She gave me a thumbs up.
"The last time I did that dance was at one of her parties, and I actually had time to look good."

My collection list wasn't long, so I ran to get my suit that I had tailored that morning. "Why is there a bow tie?" "Because bow ties are cool and if you really want a tie then it's in the back." That man ran out when he heard the word, doctor.
I arrived and actually felt nervous I've been to these before, is it because I look better then I usually do, I thought, I went to touch the bow tie because I felt like it was choking me, but then my hand went down. It was a blue and white layered dress, with sleeves that went to the elbows.
(Basically this dress).

(That could be Vincent, but then again it could be Claudia)

(That could be Vincent, but then again it could be Claudia). Alright back to the story.

"You came," she said. "It's your eighteenth birthday why wouldn't I come."

Victoria had enough energy to put a smile on her face. "Like me." "Exactly like you."

"Care to escort a lady to her party?" She asked. "I'd love to." I sat at a nobles table though I am usually outside, "don't worry you'll be next to me, and remember just act like you have money and you're in the club."

"The night went well, except I never got to dance with the lady I love, foolish boys and men got in the way . . . until I saw her in the balcony . . . with her lady friends.

"Pardon me, but may I have a word with Lady Phantomhive?" They giggled and said 'of course.' Once they were gone we practically leaped into each others arms. "I've hardly seen you tonight," she said. "And I barley talked to you let alone danced with you." "How about this, the rest of the night is just me and you, hand-in-hand," she said. As tempting as that was—and we were already hand-in-hand—the grandfather clock in the ballroom struck midnight.
"*sigh* Claudia I have to go."
"What?"
"It's midnight and I have to work tomorrow." I turned to go, and this lady has strong hands because she pulled me to the side and held one arm while hers was on the wall. "You reaper are not leaving this party and I will not sleep until we both get what we want." I was both terrified and attracted to her. We composed ourselves and went inside. "Claudia why'd you take off the hat?" "Because I kept bumping into people and it was getting annoying," she said. It was just us on the dance floor.
"One last dance," she said. My hand held her gracefully and the other went behind her back. "One last dance," I said.

"That was the only time I did that dance—I call it beauty and the beast dance—until tonight with you dearie . . . um, Victoria?" She was sound asleep, nothing but her chest moving up and down. She must be dreaming the story. I left her a note saying where my room was and put it on the bedside table. I tucked her in nice and warm, and gave her a kiss on her forehead. "Sweet dreams my treasure."

💀🖤in my suite🖤💀

I looked at the picture of Claudia I had in my interior breast pocket, it's the photo that was on the invitation to her birthday. I just cut out the invitation. "Oh, Claudia, if only you could meet Victoria I'm sure you'd like her." I traced her body's frame. "She's 18 in human years, I hope from up there you can help me." My eyes started to get watery. "I'm sorry I was too late my treasure, but this one I will protect." I was not going to cry in front of the woman I love, I dried my eyes, "no matter the consequences."