33: Back Home

🚢at the docs/harbor in the reaper realm🚢

Undertaker's POV:

We were packed and waiting for the others. Ever since Victoria woke up this morning, here eyes were both red, but when we got here I told her to keep her reaper eyes for no suspicions. "Where are those guys?" "Well I see Ronald riding over on his death scythe," Victoria said. "Hello you two, you know I'm actually excited to see your home." "Oh . . . thanks, Ronald." I heard "quit pulling my coat." "Hehe hear they . . ." It was William, Grell, and Othello.
"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't slice him with his own little scythe," Victoria said. "Because I thought it'd be best if the ones who saw it happen go on the trip," Will said. Then he pushed up his spectacles. Victoria went up to Will, "If he comes back in peaces, it's your fault."

🚂on the train🚂

She was sleeping and I was admiring the scenery that is Germany. Maybe we'll stop by Diedrich's when we get back. "Um can I—" "Othello get out."
I want that reaper twelve feet from my daughter. "I just wanted to talk to you, Silver Fox." I looked at Victoria. " . . . Come in but cover the right side of your face," I said. It was two old friends face-to-face. "Silver Fox, I'm sorry for lying to you and to her." "You did more than lie to her you tortured her, Othello, you used her." "I know and I'm sorry." "Don't say sorry to me say it to her," I said. "And make it quick." He scratched the back of his head. "Um . . . Victoria I'm sorry for the lies and for everything I did in the lab last night. I hope we can still be friends like me and your father."
"Hihihi you and my father." She started waking up. "The minute you ended the story about you and Undertaker being friends, you dropped into the friend zone, Othello." Victoria sat up, "And you're too old for me anyway." "Dearie did you just hear our short conversation?" "When you told him to get out, that woke me up but I kept my eyes closed," she said. "Yep, she's your daughter all right," Othello turned to me, "so what do you say old friend, peace?" Victoria was looking a little happy. "*sigh* Peace," I said. We shook hands—I kept mine under my robe.

Victoria's POV:

"Great you've made peace with my father and so you made peace with me," I said. "Now if you'll excuse me." I opened the door and Ronald and Grell fell in. "Of course, excuse me boys."

🇷🇴from Austria and Hungary to Romania🇷🇴

I had on my blood colored cloak—that I remade—a long sleeve shirt, trousers, and boots. I came back home wearing the outfit I left it in. "Follow me," I said. We walked on the side of the road. "Can't you just put someone passing in a trance and they can take us there, because I'm getting tired," Grell said. I stopped and turned around—this time my eyes were red and I wasn't changing them no matter who passed. "Listen you idiot," I pulled him to me without touching him, "you are in my world now and what I say goes. Now you can either come visit my castle that's probably destroyed, or walk back not knowing a single word of my country." I knew I still had a Romanian accent in there, my time in London and with reapers changed my voice. "Ok ok I'll shut up now," Grell said.
I dropped him. "Good then keep moving."

🌳at the woods🌳

"Uhh, we have to go through there?" Ronald asked

"Uhh, we have to go through there?" Ronald asked. "Yes why, speriat (scared)," I said. "Boys don't worry, you'll see trees eventually and then a castle." In my bag I took out my dads amulet and put it on. "Now let's go." "I'll look from the trees," Will said. Already on top of the first one.

🏰at Bran castle🏰

I never thought I'd see it again . . . And Sacha and Rudgar at the door? "What are you two doing here," Grell said. "We're here to help a friend," Sacha said. "We've checked the perimeter of the castle, not a human in sight," Rudgar said. "Will did you ask them to come?" Undertaker asked. "We'll need all the help we can get." Was all he said. I opened the doors slowly—just wide enough for them to come in—once everyone was in I shut them leaning on them for support. Undertaker came to me with a bottle of blood. "Feeling better dearie?" Drank that in five seconds and dropped it on the floor. "Never better." I hung up my cloak and walked to the center of the room. "Good evening everyone and welcome to Bran Castle." Quiet claps. "Now since this is my house I have rules, don't touch anything unless I'm in the room." "When do we get to explore?" Othello asked. "I was just getting to that. Othello you and Ronald will search the first floor, Grell and William will search the east wing, me and Undertaker will search the west wing, and Sacha and Rudgar can search the servants quarters. Got it."
"Got it," they said. "Remember don't touch anything, and you're looking for something you wouldn't expect a vampire to have, and if you find nothing then we'll all meet at the dining room on the first floor." And so we split up.

The first floor:

"Othello, see anything odd?" "Just some paintings and tapestries," he said to Ronald. "Hey look at this one," Othello said. The painting was of a woman with black hair, in a purple open-back dress, her head was to the side, even half turned she looked like Victoria. "What are those things tattooed on her back?" Ronald asked. "I don't know but we should show Victoria. Let's look for the dining room."

The east wing:

"Oh my, a red wedding dress *gasp* and with embroidery." That red reaper found the wedding painting and couldn't stop gawking. "Grell let's go," Will said. While they kept walking Grell was wedding planning in his head and Will was looking. Wedding planning was over when they found the library, and boy is it a library.

 Wedding planning was over when they found the library, and boy is it a library

"I'll check the top, you check the bottom," Will said. After a not so long check . . . they found nothing. "*sigh* And I pulled out every book to see if a secret door would open," Grell said.

The west wing (still in Victoria's POV):

I had a hard time walking, so much memories came passing by that I had to hold onto Undertaker for balance. "Alright let's check in here," he said. "No—"
He opened the door. "I wonder who's bedroom is this," he said. I just stood outside. "It's your room, isn't it?" I stepped in. All that was left was my bed and wardrobe. "I can't remember the last time I slept here," I said. "Dearie why don't you have a drink and I'll go get your bag from downstairs," Undertaker said. All I could do was nod my head. I drank the blood and laid down, it still felt the same, warm and cozy. "Victoria, are you alright?" I sat back up, "I think we've searched enough, we'll keep looking let's just hear what everyone else found out."

🏰at the dining room🏰

Everyone was in the room, even Sacha and Rudgar. "Nothing in the servants quarters?" "Nothing but dust," Rudgar said. "The first floor?" "We found a portrait of your mother and I don't know about Othello, but I was getting some weird vibes," Ronald said. Of course . . . start from the beginning. I left the room.