10: A Sleepover

"Mwah love you too, Grell."

Victoria's POV:

When I woke up, I thought I had a normal new life down here in the reaper realm, until I looked in front of me. My death scythe. I dropped back down remembering everything that happened yesterday.
If I don't go how will I know my little speech got to them.
Knock knock, "if you don't go to work they'll think you were fired. And remember what I told you last night." Oh I remember, I also remember that story between you and little Claudia. That was only the beginning. "Where's that bow tie?"

I was done walking with spectacles and I know that's not why reapers were looking at me. Or the fact that Grell and Ronald were with me. I walk in like another normal day and everywhere I went it just got quieter and quieter. I went to collect my list for today and the lady said something that lightened my day. "It's about time someone showed a reaper ladies shouldn't be messed with. No matter where we work." I finally got to say what I've waited to say. "That's why I reap, I reap for all the ladies of the association until they can." I went to the elevator and behind my back I heard clapping. It spread faster than the plague, when I went in I turned and saw Ronald with a thumbs up and Grell in his signature pose. I have a pose if my own: I put my axe guitar in front of me, opened my legs a bit, and smiled enough for them to see the teeth that won't be going anywhere.

💀🖤time skip🖤💀

"Hehe, so how was work?" I got in front of him. "What do you think, not so much as a scratch," I said. I couldn't help but jump up and down. "Dad they actually accepted me, for me, I didn't even wear my spectacles unless I was reading." He gave me a hug. "I'm so glad. But remember, others might not agree with all this." "I know, now I'm gonna go take a shower, save me some bone biscuits."
I was in my pjs—dark purple trousers with stars and a T-shirt with the many faces of the moon—when there was a knock at the door. "Hello?"
It was Grell and the girls, they were all in pjs. "Hello darling, if you let us come in we'll explain the situation," Grell said. " Uh sure." I showed them it the living room. "Ok because of yesterday's madness, I found a way to cheer you up. Sleepover," Grell said. "What?" "You've never had a sleepover when you were a vampire?" Zoey asked. "Uh, a few times, but those were mostly with my maids," I said. "Well then it's a good thing that we're here and ready because you could use one," Ella said. "And you're already dressed, see I knew we were on time," Esmeralda said. Looks like I'm throwing a surprise party that even I didn't know about. "I'll go tell . . . "
He was dressed like a butler and he didn't even hide his eyes. "Good evening ladies, I will be assisting you tonight, if you are in need of anything and my hostess can not help you. Just open her bedroom door and say butler and I'll be right there." He had a pocket watch and everything. "Dinner should be here in two hours," Grell looked angry, "I'm sorry if it sounds long, but I just want the best for my hostesses party. Don't worry I'll bring the sweets when you're all settled." "Well then, girls, let's go have a sleepover," I said. I knew that if I didn't get to my room in less then ten minutes, I might just pass out from all these surprises.

💀🖤in the room🖤💀

I had my best friends in my room: Zoey, the blond. Ella, the brunette. Esmeralda, the black one. Aqua, the Japanese one. And Jenny, the big one. "Hey, Grell, what's in that little trunk?" I asked. He put it on top of my bed and opened it. A little trunk became three rows of nail polish and makeup. "Who's ready to go first," Grell asked.

💀🖤time skip🖤💀

With Grell as the makeup artist, Aqua as the DJ, and Jenny with a few magazines. This really was a sleepover.
Knock knock. Everyone stopped.
"Come in," I said. My butler of a father brought in two boxes of pizza. "I wasn't sure if you ladies wanted plain cheese or pepperoni, that's why I ordered both and they took long." He put this cloth on my bed, then set everything down. "Oooh and I see mini garlic breadsticks," Esmeralda said. "Oh I know what stick I want," Grell said. I smacked him over the head. "I'll bring in more drinks." When Undertaker left instead of surrounding the food they surrounded me. "Are you sure that is your father—who's supposed to be a legend—and not a real butler?" Zoey asked. "I'm still trying to figure it out," I said. He came in with fresh cups of soda on a trey. "You ladies can put the old ones here."

Undertakers POV:

I left the room and before I even moved a foot music began. 7 songs ago I heard 'Go Victoria, Go Victoria,' I don't know what that dance was, but if I see her do it with my own eyes she's grounded. No coffin for a month. I didn't mean to listen in, but they were talking about boys. "Isn't Ronald just the cutest," one of the girls said. "Uh I think he's taken and he's kinda like a brother to me," Victoria said. "Well girls my heart belongs to only one reaper, and his name is William T. Spears." I can already see Grell swooning at the saying of Wills name. "Grell I always see him push you back with his scythe," Victoria said. "We're still working out the details of public displays of affection." Before I ran to my office to laugh, one of the girls asked Victoria if she had her eyes on anyone in the GRDA. That question made me swallow my laugh.
"Hmmm . . . No, no one looks attractive." That's my girl. "Oh come on, you've got to have your eyes on someone." "Hang on Jenny. Ok so how do you want to meet someone if you don't have your eyes on one yet?"

Victoria's POV:

I sat on my bed tracing the stars on my bedcovers. "I guess 'love at first sight,' or when you realize the one you love has been by your side the entire time," I said. "So basically shit from romance novels or soap operas," Ella said. "Not until the man gets past the father, right dad?" He started laughing after Ella said operas. "Ignore the noise outside my room, Aqua turn up the music."

💀🖤the next day🖤💀

Each girl brought their own dress to wear the next day. So we all went to work in style. Well except for Grell, he saves dresses for special occasions. At this point we're probably braking rules on how to dress, but rules are meant to be broken.

💀🖤time skip due to the COVID vaccine🖤💀

"Dad I'm home." He came out of his office, "oh good because I have good and even greater news." He sat me down. "You . . . Have been invited to a ball."

Cliffhanger.