30: The Dark Waltz

Featuring the song that is literally the title of this chapter, by Hayley Westenra. If it's quoted then it's because it's being sung.

Undertaker's POV:

I had come back from the little skeletons room and saw Victoria on the dance floor with Sebastian. "That vermin." I took three steps and a walkers cane got in my way. "We wouldn't want to make a scene now would we?" ". . . Clever just like your father young Earl," I said.

Victoria's POV:

He pulled me closer. "Don't worry I'm not like my young master."

We are the lucky ones
We shine like a thousand suns
When all of the color runs together

"I'll keep you company
In one glorious harmony
Waltzing with destiny forever"

"Beautiful lyrics," I said. "I guess so," Sebastian said.

Dance me into the night
Underneath the moon shining so bright
Turning me into the light

He turned me around but I noticed he wasn't looking at me, he was looking at the Lord . . . and my dad. Ok it's time to figure out who you are.

Time dancers whirling past
"I gaze through the looking glass
And feel just beyond my grasp is heaven"

"What are you?" I asked.

Sacred geometry
Where movement is poetry
Visions of you and me forever

"Well my lady," his eyes changed, "I lost my grasp of heaven, so where could I be from."

Dance me into the night
Underneath the moon shining so bright
Turning me into the light

He never leaves the boys side, does what he's told, he's not from heaven . . . And his eyes . . . Oh no.

"Dance me into the night
Underneath the full moon shining so bright
Let the dark waltz begin"

"You're a demon," I said. "And you're two beings in one body," he said.

Oh let me wheel, let me spin
Let it take me again
"Don't worry I won't tell."
Turning me into the light

The song was over. We curtsied and then I speedwalkd to my table, gathered my things, and when a hand touched my arm I turned and pointed my fan at whoever it was. "Heehee it's just me." Idiot. "Where were you five minutes ago," I asked. "Doesn't matter I'm here now and we're leaving." "So did you have a good time?" I jumped but it was just Earl Phantomhive. "I had a great time young lord, now if you'll excuse me I have work tomorrow and so does my father goodnight." I ran out that ballroom as fast as these heels could take me.

Undertaker's POV:

"Once again a lovely party, I'll have your coffin ready Friday Hihihi," I said.
After I got her clothes I ran after her, she was waiting outside and now one eye was red and the other was yellow-green.

💀🖤back at the apartment🖤💀

"You might wanna wash this ring, these gloves, and the back of the dress in holy water," Victoria said. "Hihi why because you had it on?" "No, because a demon touched it." I didn't like when the words demon and touched came out of her mouth. I grabbed her shoulders, "Victoria did he say anything rude, did that vermin try anything?" "No, he just asked me how the night was and if I wanted to dance and dad your grip is getting tight." I let go. "Sorry dearie." "Yeah I'll be right back." As Victoria walked to her room, the hair, the gloves, the dress . . . Claudia. An image of her walking outside flashed before my eyes.

Victoria's POV:

Goodbye ring and earrings, goodbye gloves, and goodbye mask. "What a night," I said. I put the mask on my dresser and went out for some wine. Only to find it already on the table with tea and bone biscuits. "You didn't eat much," he said. "Now come and sit your starting to get pale." I sat down. "I'm more thirsty than hungry," I said. "In that case," dad poured me wine and held his tea cup up.
"To the masked ball."
"To the masked ball," I said.
Cling.

💀🖤after a cup of tea, bone biscuits, and bottle of 'wine'🖤💀

"You know dad, we never got to dance tonight," I said. "You're right," he said with a biscuit in his mouth. He got up and went to his records, "hmm perfect," he put it in and came to me. "May I have this dance?"
"Why of course you may."
It was just a little waltz.
"Victoria. Tonight you reminded me of Claudia." "Really," I said. "Yes, all those times you danced reminded me of the pictures I showed you." I think he was blushing. "Well dad sometimes when I danced I thought I felt her presence there," I said. "Oh really." We swayed until one of us yawned. "Hey dad, can I sleep with you tonight?" "After that last dance of the night . . . You can sleep with me every night there's a demon in your dreams."

He held me in a warm embrace. "Mmmm, goodnight dad." He stroked my hair—don't know how those nails didn't get tangled. "Sweet dreams my treasure."