41: Start a'new

3rd person POV:

The next day Undertaker and Victoria went home, as for another reapers home, well . . .
"Hey, hey wake up." He felt groggy and tired. "O-Othello, what are you doing up here?" "That's what I'd like to know from you," the green haired reaper in a lab coat said. He was quiet, looking into the distance. "Silver fox?" ". . . You wouldn't believe me even if I told you." "Well I found you asleep on the roof, so dream or not let's get you home," Othello said.

💀🖤back in 1889🖤💀

Victoria's POV:

I was still soo tired I crashed onto my bed, but before I took a nap I noticed something under the vase of my blue rose. "A letter," addressed to me.

So it seems I haven't told you everything, but when I leave I'm sure he will. Victoria, my name is Adrian Crevan, reaper number 136649 of the Grim Reaper Dispatch Association, the only reason I go by my dispatch number is because I want to keep the man I was safe, and I only tell the people I trust my name.

"And given the situation I'm in now, somehow I know you'll keep it safe when he tells you. Adrian Crevan."
"Can I see that?"
He scared me, I didn't even notice he was at the door. I put the letter on the edge of the bed. He didn't look at me while he read the letter . . . and then . . . "Victoria, you might wanna get comfortable for this short story." A few minutes later I was in a white shirt with black shorts. "Is everything in that letter true?" I asked.
"Yes." "How many people know your name?" He took my hand, "you, the heads of the GRDA, and Claudia." I think he forgot a name. "What about Othello?" "He had already given me one." True and I know everything he's saying is true because he's looking at me, and his eyes aren't covered. "Anything else?"
"Your name . . . I like it, it suits you." He smiled. "As does yours, Victoria. Now get some sleep, I'll order dinner and see if there's any wine left." I snuggled up in my blanket and he gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Rest easy my treasure."
"Dad, I love you." "I love you too." Then he shut the door.

Undertaker's POV:

I found a match and lit that letter on fire. Sure I could have kept it in my office or parlor, but this is something of trust and secret, something a friend of mine took to the grave.

💀🖤the next day🖤💀

I was going to bring her breakfast but she was already up in her casual but rich coat. "Morning daddy." She's only this happy when it's something good. Hmm. "Have you written a new song," I asked. "Well maybe I've written more," she said, "but I won't tell you till the time is right." "Heeheehee you mean you won't sing them." "Exactly."

💀🖤two days later🖤💀

"Dad where are we going?" "To visit a friend, now stop asking questions."

Victoria's POV:

He's got friends at the new apartments a mile from ours. "Dad what's going on?" He's snickering, "you'll see." We stopped at the third floor—apartment 17–and he had keys? "Dad." The door clicked. "Enter," he said. Good thing I brought my axe.
"SURPRISE!"
I don't think I'll need it. "What's going on?" I asked. "Why don't we give you a tour," Grell said. "As you can see, the kitchen, in here is the laundry, the door over there's a little storage, here's the bathroom, and here's the guest bedroom." The bedsheets left me speechless.

"No words, ok to the living room," dad said

An L shaped couch, a flatscreen tv, and in between the two doors that lead to the balcony, a black piano. "The neighbors have been warned that there will be music here, so don't worry," Will said. "Heeheehee, now it's off to bed," dad said.
The other bedroom had my furniture, bedsheets, and coffin. "Go down that door and—" "Let me guess bathroom," I said. "Hehe and maybe more."
Your basic bathroom, but unlike that other one with two sinks, this one had a little makeup kit that signed from Grell and the salon. "Another door."
A walk-in closet: with all my clothes in it—my work outfits really—a little chandelier and a podium for me to stand on and look in the mirror. "Look at this," Grell said. He opened the mirror like a door and my jewelry was there. Little rings in and bracelets hanging. "Oh wow." "I know right, I wanted this for myself, but when your father told me about this apartment for you I said maybe they have it in red since it's white."

"So this is why you had me staying at the Earls for two days," I said. Not just so I can learn how to use my magical abilities, but so he and the others could model my new home. Dad pulled out another key from his robe. "Victoria you're 118 now, you're all grown up." Undertaker put the key in my hand. "I'm not kicking you out, but if you want this place it's all yours, and if you ever miss me, home is just a mile from out the door." All my friends were here: Bobby, Ben and Jerry, granny, the 5 girls who really wanted to get to know me, Sera, Eric and Alan, Ronald, Grell, Will, even Othello who's as old as dad, and Sacha and Rudgar—Who we're a surprise when I first met them in my dads apartment.

I hooked that key with my other one. "Well . . . What are you all standing around for, let's celebrate." They all cheered. "Ok wait . . . no you all keep going I'm gonna shower and get dressed."
"GYAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Oh dad.