*Nice to see you again Dr. Reid*

Samantha's POV//
I am in complete shock that the FBI not to mention the BAU department wants me to come and work on a case with them. Like what?!? I owe my bestie Penelope Garcia big time for this one. Oh goodness I didn't even think about that I'd be seeing that cute Doctor Spencer Reid again.

When I got home from the hospital I went
straight to my room so I could start packing an overnight bag or as Hotch calls it a "go bag." I ended up packing a few dressy outfits and a pair of my scrubs just in case that's what they wanted me to wear. Once I packed up the rest of what I needed which was my shoes, pajamas, and toiletries I was ready to start heading to Quantico. I sent Hotch a text to tell him that I was leaving my apartment and would be there in about 20 minutes. He sent back a quick reply and said that he would be waiting for me at the receptionist desk.
———————-Time Jump—————->
Once I had reached the FBI training academy where the BAU is located I put my car in park, then quickly got out and locked it. I made my way to the front doors of the building. When I walked inside I saw a tall man in a nice suit that had a very serious expression on his face. He was propped up next to the reception desk talking to one of the security guards that was also standing right there. As I was walking towards them the man in the suit turned around and waved to me. I thought to myself "hmm this man must be Hotch. PG had mentioned before that he always looks so serious." Once I reached him he reached his hand out to shake him and introduce himself as SSA Aaron Hotchner. I introduced myself to him and then he gave me my credentials that I would need.

After that was all taken care of we began walking to the elevators so we could head to the BAU department/level, we took the the elevators to the 6th level

After that was all taken care of we began walking to the elevators so we could head to the BAU department/level, we took the the elevators to the 6th level. When the doors opened we approached the big glass double doors that read "FBI: Behavioral Analysis Unit. Once inside Hotch told me that everyone was waiting for us in the conference room.

When we got to the conference room Hotch went around and introduced me to everyone. Penelope immediately got up from her chair and ran over and hugged me. Then one by one each of the members of the BAU got up from their seats and greeted me with hugs and handshakes. The last one to come over and greet me was none other than Dr. Spencer Reid himself. Over the years Spencer hasn't been the touchy feely type but Penelope said that he has changed since interacting with me. Like the rest of the BAU Spencer decided to shake my hand first and then pull me into a hug, but this hug just felt different to me. I spoke to Spencer and said "nice to see you again Dr. Reid."After Spencer and I let go from our hug Hotch explained that the last member of the BAU that I needed to meet is their communications liaison named Jennifer "JJ" Jareau. She was actually not going to be here for this case though because she is in Georgia with her sister Caroline. Hotch said that they had just recently got back from that Georgia case a few days ago but JJ wanted to stay for a few extra days and her sister Caroline wanted her to come to a doctor's appointment that she had.
                             The Case:
Garcia: Well my beautiful crime stoppers are heading to the Big Apple.
Garcia: The NYPD has called us to come and help them solve an ongoing string of murders that have been happening.
Prentiss: Is there a specific area where the victims have been found?
Garcia: The bodies have been found in alleyways that are in between apartment buildings and a nightclub.
Myself: From the looks of these pictures the victims were beaten very badly. The bruises on the victims seem to be fresh still, because you can tell that by the discoloration of them.
Rossi: She has a very nice attention to detail. I never would have looked at the coloring of bruises.
Reid: Bruises happen when small blood vessels are damaged. They begin to change color from the blood under the skin.
Garcia: They don't call you Dr. Reid for nothing huh?
Hotch: Let's discuss this case more on the plane. Wheels Up.

After the case was given everyone began walking out of the conference room to go and grab their "go bags." Penelope came and gave me another hug before walking back to her lair aka her office. As I was walking out of the conference room I stopped to look around at the bullpen. It was filled with many agents walking around or talking to other agents. I stood there for a moment just to take it all in. Once I was finished I began walking over to Emily's desk which is adjacent to Spencer's desk and beside Derek's desk. They were all standing there with their bags. Once everyone was ready we began to all walk towards the doors of the building so we could head to the airport where our hanger was.

As I was walking Spencer came and began walking next to me. He said that if I had any questions he would be more than happy to answer them. We continued talking for a few minutes before it was time to board the plane and find our seats.

A/N: YAY! Samantha has officially started her first case with the BAU!