*The Big Apple*

Samantha's POV//
Once we all got seated on the plane it was time for us to takeoff. I sat at the 4 seater next to Emily and across from both Spencer and Derek. Hotch was standing in the aisle propped up on the back of our seats while Rossi sat in the chair across from the 4 of us. While we were all sitting there the team wanted to ask me some questions about myself to get to know me a little bit more, even though the only 2 that had not seen me before today were Hotch and Rossi. Of course I know with them being in the FBI that they probably did a whole lot of research on me before extending me the invitation to come and join them, but hey I am not complaining. They asked me more fun fact questions like what my favorite type of food is, my favorite book or book series, my favorite quote, favorite thing to do to relax is, and other fun questions like that. My answers are: 1.) favorite type of food is either Mexican or Italian, 2.) favorite book/book series is the Divergent series, 3.) favorite quote is "Everyone deserves the chance to fly"-Wicked, 4.) favorite thing to do to relax is sit on the couch and get all cozy reading a book or watching a movie, 5.) favorite song at the moment is Love It If We Made It by the 1975.

After our little "get to know the new girl session" it was time to discuss the case.
Hotch: Okay let's look over the files and pictures from the crime scene. Is there anything that you notice or that sticks out to you? 
Myself: I noticed that the victims were placed in a very popular area in between the apartment building and the nightclub. Seems to me like the unsub wanted the bodies to be noticed by everyone going to and leaving the area.
Morgan: The victims were all beaten and then for overkill the unsub stabbed them multiple times.
Spencer: Hey guys take a look at this the cuts that are carved into the victims are words.
Prentiss: It looks like it depends on the victim too. The men have words carved into their stomachs and the women have words carved into their foreheads.
Myself: From what I can tell in the pictures these victims were held captive for some time before he dumped the bodies. You can see there are restraint marks around their wrists and ankles.
Rossi: This sounds exactly like a serial killer that Hotch and I were going after years ago. We helped out the FBI Fugitive Task force try and find this guy.
Hotch: Dave is right this sounds exactly like a guy that we were going after years ago. Sounds like he is either picking back up where he left off or he has a copycat.
Reid: With a "copycat" it is theorized that these criminals copy the crimes of others because they are trying to find their own style or lack thereof.
Prentiss: So when we give the official profile we need to mention that this could be the actual guy or his apprentice/copycat.
Hotch: Yes we will mention that this time. When we helped try and find this guy the first time we didn't really have a profile. I think that probably didn't help us in my opinion. I'm sure Dave can agree with this.
Rossi: Definitely.
Morgan: It probably doesn't help that we are traveling to New York City of all places to try and find this guy. Why can't he be in some small town?
Reid: In total square miles New York City is 468.19 or in square kilometers it's 1,212.60.
Morgan: Why did I even ask? I knew what was going to happen as soon as I asked.
Hotch: Okay everyone when we land we are going to split up. Dave and I will go to the crime scene, Reid and Samantha will go to the medical examiners office, and Morgan and Prentiss will go to the police station.