*Talking to Hotch*

The next morning
Samantha's POV//
I am one of those people that has to sit for a few minutes when my alarm goes off in the morning before actually getting my day started. Once I stopped my alarm on my phone I decided to do some scrolling on my social media before getting ready. Ever since I posted yesterday about my little coffee date my notifications have been blowing up, meaning all of my friends were wanting to know who I was with. When I get on the plane I'll most likely end up responding to all of the messages that I had received. I also need to have a conversation with Hotch about me heading out to California for a few days. After scrolling for a few minutes I knew that I needed to get up and start getting ready for the day. I started by brushing my teeth then applying some light makeup. Then it was time for me to slip my clothes on, I decided on wearing my slacks, a plain white shirt, some flats, and one of my favorite cardigans.

After I was ready I grabbed my things and headed downstairs to the hotel lobby where everyone was. Prentiss saw me first and waved me over to where they were. Hotch said that we could grab a small breakfast here before we check out and head back to our plane at the local airport here. We all walked into the dining area where the continental breakfast was set up. I made myself a bagel with cream cheese and grabbed a yogurt before walking over to the coffee station so I could make myself a cup. Once I had all my food I made my way over to the group. I sat next to JJ and Rossi while Derek sat next to Prentiss and Spencer leaving Hotch at the head of the table. Hotch semi smiled at this and said "really guys? You know you don't have to give me the head of the table spot." We all nodded then said "yes, but you are our fearless leader after all." Hotch just smirked at us then went right back to eating
——————————Time Jump—————>

Back off to Quantico we go!

As I sat on the plane in one of the two seater seats next to JJ I began thinking of what I was going to say to Hotch

As I sat on the plane in one of the two seater seats next to JJ I began thinking of what I was going to say to Hotch. I know that I need to talk to him about being off for at least a 2 weeks or so. That'll give me plenty of time out there in California with Ross and Kailey. I might even see if I can sneak in a meet up trip with my family while I'm there. I know that I'll need about 2 weeks off of so just in case baby girl Lynch is later than we expected, but at least both Kailey and Dr. Karissa have been keeping me updated. Once I felt like I was ready I began to stand up. I leaned on the side of my seat to steady myself for a minute. I told JJ that I was going to go and speak with Hotch for a few minutes and then I would be back. JJ looked up at me and smiled before nodding.

I made my way over to Hotch who was sitting in one of the single seats. When I got to where he was I quietly said "Uhm excuse me Hotch can I talk to you for a few minutes?" He nodded his head yes and said "you can sit down right here across from me if you would like. We can play cards as a distraction for the team." I thought about it and then said "yes sir that works for me" before sitting down at that little table and chair in front of me. After I sat down he reached into his go bag and pulled out a deck of cards. While he shuffled I began talking to him. "Do you remember when I was first asked to join the BAU and I had mentioned that one of my close friends was pregnant? Well I have been asked by her to come out to California to be with her when she reaches the 9 month stage. With the hospitals being so stern and cracking down on visitors she has asked that I be in the room with her as a midwife for when she gives birth. I have been in constant communication with her and her OBGYN Karissa so I know when the time comes. Would it be okay with you if I took off for about 2 weeks or so?"

After I asked that I waited for Hotch's response. He had that stern look on his face before answering me. He said. "Yes I do remember you telling me about your friend out in California. You can definitely be off for a few weeks to go and be out there with her. I think that is so nice that she had wanted you to there with her in the delivery room. I'll let the team know about you being out. I know Strauss will be okay with it since you work with the hospital part time anyways." I smiled and said "thank you so much Hotch. Even though I won't be here you are all more than welcome to text or call me if you have any medical questions, I will answer them." After that I told him thank you and wanted to let him enjoy the rest of his flight back in peace, so I got up and went back to the two seater where JJ was.

"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live" - Albus Dumbledore