*What is a Ship?*

Samantha's POV//
Once we landed at at the airport it was time for us to split up. I went with Dr. Reid to the ME's office, Rossi and Hotch went to the crime scene, and Morgan and Prentiss went to go set up at the police station. Since I am new to the FBI thing Dr. Reid said that he would drive us in one of the SUV's that we are provided with. The ME's office is located at the headquarters lab that is near the FBI Field Office for the NYC district. When we got to the building Dr. Reid and I got out of the SUV and made our way inside to where we were going to meet up with the Medical Examiner to look at the victims.

We flashed our credentials to the security guards that were working the front desk and then quickly made our way to the morgue. Once we got there we introduced ourselves to the medical examiner before he showed us the bodies. He explained to us that from what he could tell was that the carving of the messages was done post mortem. I noticed that the carvings done were also deep into the skin, so this unsub is someone who has training in the medical field. After looking at the two bodies Dr. Reid and I got the information that we needed from the ME and then decided to go ahead and head back to the police station. On the way to the police department Dr. Reid and I decided to call Penelope and tell her what information we had.

~Phone conversation with Penelope Garcia ~
Garcia: Well hello my favorite "shipped" couple.
Reid: Hey Garcia, what is a ship?
Samantha: Hey PG! Did you just say your favorite shipped couple?! I thought that was you and Derek.
Garcia: Yes my beautiful bestie! I mean of course I ship myself with that hottie Mr. Derek Morgan, and to answer your question boy genius a ship is "when you want two people to become an item, kiss, or enter into a romantic/sexual relationship, or all of the above." It's a fandom thing.
Reid: Ah I see.
Samantha: An example would be wanting Damon and Bonnie to become a thing on Vampire Diaries or in your case Spencer Batman and Rachel Dawes in Batman Begins.
Reid: Thank you for the explanation.
Garcia: UGH you two are so cute I can't take it.
Reid: Anyways Garcia Samantha and I were going to call you because we got some information about the victims from the Medical Examiner.
Garcia: Fire away.
Reid: We found that the carvings that were in the victims were done post mortem. Samantha thinks that because of the cuts that our unsub is in the medical field. I think that is something we can definitely use.
Garcia: Creepy. Sounds like overkill. Also aww my bestie is so smart. I agree. It could be someone that didn't make it in the medical field too. Have you told anyone else yet?
Reid: Very much so. No we have not. When we get to the police station we will tell everybody else. We will mention that it could be a medical school dropout like you are suggesting also. Thanks Garcia.
Garcia: No problem my 2 geniuses. Bye!

       ~End conversation with Penelope Garcia~

Back at the station Hotch, Rossi, Prentiss, and Morgan were talking in the conference room when Reid and I walked in. They wanted to know what we had found out at the ME's office. Dr. Reid let me explain that I noticed that the carvings on the bodies were done very strategically like someone in the medical field had done them. Dr. Reid mentioned that he was going to have Garcia check and see what she could find with both people in the medical field and medical school dropouts. Hotch then turned to both Reid and I and said "good work you two." That made me feel really good about myself after hearing that. When Hotch had said that Reid turned and gave me a high five before sitting down in the seat next to Morgan. After I had high fived him I then sat down next to Prentiss. We then went around the room just talking about what all we had come up with about this unsub. Hotch had Garcia send over the files from the case that he and Rossi were on a few years ago trying to find this serial killer. He then asked me if I would look over the files and see if I could notice anything about the victims or what happened to them. I replied with a "yes I can do that for you sir." While I began working on that, Hotch asked Reid to start looking at a map to figure out what the geographical profile would be. The other members of the BAU were going to start conducting some interviews with the victims families and people in the community.

We decided that we were going to wait until tomorrow and then talk to the police about the profile that we have come up with. Since Hotch and Rossi have experienced this unsub before they want to see what he does next. Once it was time to leave for the day Hotch said that we should all go out to dinner tonight as a little "welcome dinner" for me. I thought that was so sweet! Emily looked up some restaurants that were close to our hotel and to Times Square in case we wanted to be tourists for the evening. After some discussion we picked a Japanese restaurant called Haru Sushi on West 43rd.

When we left the restaurant we did some exploring around the city! This was a picture I had taken of the Brooklyn Bridge.