*Overpacking Is What I Do Best*

After we got back to Quantico Hotch said that he wanted us all to get what we needed and then to just go home and relax. I went over to my desk and grabbed my notebook and file from the case we just got back from. Hotch said that I can get my reports done at home and then just have Penelope take them back in to work with her when I'm finished with it. I told him that I can definitely do that for him. Since I'm not leaving until Sunday I have plenty of time to get my reports done and returned.

After we each collected our things it was time to leave the BAU for the day. Everyone was heading back home, but would be back in tomorrow a part from me. We all got in the elevator, so we could head up to the main lobby. Once we made it outside to the parking lot we each started heading our separate ways. I carpooled with Penelope to work, so my car is located at her house. At first I had completely forgotten that I didn't have my car here at the BAU, but then I remembered that before this case the girls had a slumber party at Penelope's. I began walking with Penelope back to her car before I heard her yell to Derek "I'll see you tomorrow hot stuff." Derek turned around and shook his head before saying "back at cha'."Penelope then giggled and then she grabbed my hand before running back to where her car was parked in the parking lot.

While Penelope drove we had some casual conversations about the music on the radio, the horrible D.C traffic, and about my plans for heading out to California. Once we made it back to her place and got inside she said "not so fast missy. I want to know all of the details about that Instagram post that you made." I giggled and said "well of course I have to give you all the details." I then began to explain to her about the case, what role I played with helping the BAU solve it, how they kept pairing Reid and I to be together to go to the different crime scenes or by staying at the police station. Which in return lead him and I to talking more then he asked me about heading to the original Starbucks location right there in downtown Seattle. I could tell as I was saying all of this Penelope was clapping her hands and getting all giddy. She then said "oh I am so excited about this. I want you and Reid together so bad."

After our little "girl chat" was over it was time for me to head home. I slowly got up from my seat on Penelope's couch and began grabbing my things. Penelope then said "have fun on your trip to California. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back" before standing up and giving me one last hug. I smiled and said "I will definitely keep you updated. Don't be afraid to reach out and call me if you/the team has any medical questions. Bye Penny G." I then waved and headed out the door.

Once I got home I sat down for a few minutes and decided to watch an episode of Chopped that I had recorded. I love watching tv shows on the Food Network. While I watched the show I planned out what I was going to pack for my trip to California. I knew I definitely wanted to pack some of my scrubs as a just in case and I will have both of my badges with me too. Knowing how Karissa is she has already told her hospital staff that I will be helping her, but I always want to be prepared. I grabbed my phone and decided to search what the weather was going to be in the Los Angeles area also because I definitely wanted to pack some going out outfits also. Let me just tell you that the weather in California is so different than the weather here in Virginia.
After the episode of Chopped was over I flipped my tv channel over to the Music Channel so I could play some music throughout the house while I packed.

While I was packing I heard my phone vibrate against the table I had it sitting on. I walked over to wear it was and picked it up to see what the notification was. I got excited seeing that it was a text from Spencer.

                 •TEXT CONVERSATION•

Spencer💜: Hey Samantha. Just thought I would check in with you and see how you were holding up.
Samantha💕: Hey Spencer! Aww thank you. I'm doing pretty good. I can't believe that our second case is already over.
Spencer💜: You are very welcome. I was thinking the same thing. The more cases you work the more they will fly by.
Samantha💕: Oh I can't even imagine how fast they fly by for you and the team.
Spencer💜: You'll get used to it. ☺️
Samantha💕: Thank you for all of your help so far. I really appreciate it.
Spencer💜: You're welcome! It's going to be weird not having you on the case with us coming up.
    Samantha💕: It will be strange not going into work here with you all here at the BAU or the hospital that I work at in Virginia.
Spencer💜: How long did you say you would be gone?
   Samantha💕: I told Hotch it would probably only be either a week or two weeks.
Spencer💜: That's not too bad at all. I'm sure we can survive without you for those two weeks but that'll be it.
     Samantha💕: You'll have to put up with all of Derek and Penelope's banter all by yourself 😂🤭
Spencer💜: Don't remind me 😂
Spencer💜: How's your packing coming along?
Samantha💕: It's going pretty good. I actually made a list of things I thought I would need before I began packing.
Spencer💜: Sounds like you are prepared!
Samantha💕: "Overpacking is what I do best." 💁🏼‍♀️

A/N: Finally a new chapter for this that isn't a filler. I felt like I had to end it on that funny quite that I made the chapter title, that is something that is actually very accurate for me. I overpack for anything lol. I am currently rewatching Criminal Minds for the 3rd time, so that has definitely been giving me more motivation! Thank you so much for all of the reads on this book, I can't believe that it's currently at over 13.3k that blows my mind. Let me know what you think! All the love - MK ❤️