01| First day

Iɴᴅɪᴀ Jᴏʜɴsᴏɴ
I wake up and look around the plain and simple white room. We arrived last night here in Washington it was an extremely long drive, I wouldn't recommend it.

My mom went in her car and I drove behind her in my brother's old Jeep. It was easier with two cars for all the stuff.

When we got here late last night I didn't think the house would be so beautiful. It would only be for the two of us and well my mom is hoping my brother will move back in after he finishes college, which isn't too long.

I sit up and rub my eyes thinking of the past days events and immediately feeling sick.

I climb out of bed and head straight to the bathroom to have a shower.

After my shower I blow dry and straighten my hair. I then put on some black jeans and a grey chunky knitted swearshirt. It wasn't often in LA I had to wear sweatshirts for that matter.

It's early November right now meaning it's quite cold in Washington. I folded up all the stuff I used last night to go to bed. I didn't have the effort to make my bed just yet or even unpack. I just ruffled through my poorly packed suitcase for today's outfit.

I put on some makeup. Today was my first day at a new school meaning I needed to atleast look decent.

I went downstairs to see that my mother was no longer hear and the house was still covered in boxes. I noticed a piece of paper on the island and picked it up to read.

Already left for work. I've left cash for you to get breakfast and something for dinner. Have a good first day at school. Don't forget to use GPS!!!!!!
Love you
Mom

Before we left, when we were packing my mother applied for an immediate transfer. They decieded on Washington and it really baffles me how she got a house so fast. She's from Washington so it must have been easier but she wasn't from this part.

I sigh tiredly. I put my cash into my purse that I placed on the sofa last night. My bag was filled with random stuff. I tipped my bag upside down and let all the random things fall out. I ruffled through them for a pen and other things that might be useful.

I put my pen, charger, a notebook in my bag and headed to my Jeep, well my brothers Jeep.

I ended up finding a coffee shop on the way to school. I headed inside to get a lattè. I then chose a crossiont and paid with my card but getting in my car. I eat it in the car and headed straight to school.

When I got to school I jumped out of the Jeep, grabbing my bag as I did so. I got strange looks as I walked across the parking lot which i just ignored.

I walk inside and start looking for the Administration office. "Are you lost?" A voice asks. I turn to my left to see a blonde boy looking at me curiously.

"Is it that obvious?" I ask and he laughs. "No, no it's not you've just walked past my locker, looking around 3 times." He says and I sigh.

"Im looking for the administration office." I say and he nods. "Follow me." He says I nod and do exactly that.

"I'm Kyle by the way." He says and I smile. "India." I say and his smile grows. "It's nice to meet you India." He says and I smile.

When Kyle shows me to the administration office and talks to the ladys in the office for me. "I'll see you later." He says as I go to walk into the principles office. "Bye Kyle. Oh and thank you." I say as he walks off.

I take a seat as the pricipal instructs.

"So India, welcome to our school. It seems it's a pleasure to have you here." He says glancing from the computer to me. "Thank you." I say awkwardly.