26| The clearing

It's been a week since my birthday and 5 days since Phoebe and Josh left. It's been 5 days since I spoke to a proper person.

Alex left on Friday after forcing me to eat something for dinner.

I've been alone ever since.

It's my fault. I haven't turned on my phone since my birthday. I call both Josh and Phoebe every day on the house phone. And any time someone's showed up at the house, I've hid away in my room.

I climbed out of bed and slowly waddled to the kitchen where I had a slice of toast. I cleaned up the slight mess I made and went upstairs to my room again. I don't know what the time is, I can only assume it's the evening because of the way the night looks.

A bang on the door makes me jump and quickly rush the rest of the way up stairs.

"India! Answer the fucking door! I know your in there!" Alex yells and the house phone starts ringing, busted.

"India!" He shouts and I ignore him and head into my room. I shut my bedroom door and climb back into bed and put Pretty Little Liars on and put my earphones in to block out the noise Alex was making.

****
A hand reaches forward and I swear I've never jumped more in my life. I take my earphones out and look up at a very pissed off Alex.

"How loud have you got that thing? I've been banging on your door for the past hour." He says turning my bedroom light on.

"What are you doing here?" I ask putting my laptop away. "Are you? You're watching it without me." Alex whinges.

"What?" I ask confused. "I asked you not to watch anymore without me." He says and I nod. "Sorry." I apologise pulling my blanket up to my neck.

"Where the hell have you been? You've been MIA for a week, everyone is fucking confused." He says and I groan. "I know." I say and lie down on my side as if I was going to go to sleep.

"Have you been hiding here since I left on Friday?" He asks and I nod. "I've tried coming back millions of times, so has Hunter and so has Lily." He says and I roll my eyes.

"If you're just gonna shout at me, just go because honestly I'm not dealing with this shit today." I say and close my eyes.

He pulls the blanket off of me and I don't bother to pull it back. "Fucking hell India." He says and puts it back on me.

"Get dressed, I'm taking you out." He says and I sit up. "I don't want to." I say and he sighs and runs a hand over his face.

"I don't really care what you want right now India. Take a god damm shower, get dressed and meet me downstairs." He shouts before stalking out of his room.

"Jesus." I mutter before doing exactly what he told me to.

After my hair was in two braids and I got dressed into some black leggings and a grey cropped hoodie, I headed downstairs.

As soom as I get down there he ends his phone call and grabs my keys off of the ledge. I follow him out the front door and stand awkwardly behind him as he locks the front door.

I follow him to his car and the second my butt hit the chair he sped off.

"Jesus, what climbed up your ass?" I mumble and focus on the window.

****
We arrived by the woods. Why? He's gonna kill me. I can tell by the way he's huffing and puffing. He's pissed off.

I slowly climb out of the car as Alex turns back to his car at me.

I slowly walk behind him when he just stops all of a sudden.

He sighs then turns back to look at me. He puts his hand out for me to take, okay, maybe he's not gonna kill me.