05|Job

I didn't think it could possibly get colder here in Washington, but I was wrong.

This morning I had woke up and thrown on some blue jeans and a black sweatshirt. I did some light makeup and once my hair was dry and straightened I had ran downstairs to see mom had already gone.

I checked my phone to see Lily still wanted a ride, seeing as her and Ethan were arguing. I drank some coffee and had some cookies because I couldn't be bothered to make anything.

I checked the date on my phone for it to read 30 November back to me. We'd been here two weeks already and this was the start of the third. I needed to start looking for a job, like Josh suggested on the way to his apartment last weekend.

I had to leave 10 minutes earlier then what I normally do, seeing as I had to pick Lily up. I put on my coat, hat, scarf and gloves before grabbing my bag and keys and rushing out the door.

Once I get in the car I instantly put the heat on, it's far too cold. The fact I've already been here two weeks and I'm just not used to the coldness is bugging me.

I drive to Lily's house (using GPS) and text her when I'm outside. It didn't take too much longer for her to come out.

"Hey." I say once she climbs in beside me. "Hi." She say smiling.

"How are things with you and Ethan?" I ask and she cringed. "Rocky." She says and I smile at her sympathetically. "What are you gonna do at lunch?" I ask and she shrugs. "Shall we go off campus?" She asks and I smile.

"We'll have to tell Kyle, you remember when me you and Maddie left last week. He totally flipped out worried that you got lost or something." Lily says and I laugh. "He is cute." I say and Lily looks at me with widened eyes.

"Not like that." I say and she just rolls her eyes. "I'm not looking for a boyfriend right now." She mimics me from last week. "But I'm not." I complain and she  sighs.

"But you and Kyle would look amazing together! Besides he really needs to get laid." Lily says and my eyes widen. "Come off it." She says looking at me shocked. "No way." She says and I stay focused on the road.

"I thought you had a boyfriend back in LA?" She asks and I nod. "I did." I say shyly. "You guys never..." "No. We did the other stuff just never that." I say cutting her off. 

"What why? You're totally gorgeous, I mean I would do you. All the boys here stare at you, you never wow." She says shocked. "No one was really aloud round my house, ever and well whenever we were at his it just never felt right I guess." I say shrugging.

"Well now you have to get with Kyle." She says and I roll my eyes. "I'm gonna get you guys together, you'd have pretty babies." Lily says and I roll my eyes.

"What, come on what don't you like about Kyle?" She asks and I shrug. "No, he is hot don't get me wrong. But I don't know." I say as we pull into the school parking lot.

"Well he's into you, so whenever you're ready for him I'm sure he'll still want you." She says and I scoff. "Lovely." I say and she laughs.

We get out of the car and Kyle jogs across to us with Maddie. "Hey you guys." He says flinging an arm around my shoulder. Lily just looks at me happily before saying goodbye and dragging Maddie with her.

"So English first lesson." Kyle says and I nod. "Exhausting." I say and he just agrees with me.

"Let's hope Alex doesn't turn up today." Kyle says and I nod. "He's so annoying." I grumble as he walks me to my locker.

I put a bunch of my stuff into my locker and then head to English. Kyle walks me to my seat and I thank him as he does so before he walks to his own.