25|Rest

Iɴᴅɪᴀ Jᴏʜɴsᴏɴ
"Don't worry about going to school." Phoebe says and I sigh. "Is mom okay?" I ask and she shrugs. "She didn't come home last night. I think you're brother rang her a few hours ago. But he's being a dick so I'm not talking to him." She says and I chuckle.

I climb out of bed and Phoebe re adjusts my blanket around me. She links arms with me and helps me downstairs.

We get to the bottom of the stairs and Alex was passed out on a chair. "He stayed last night?" I ask and she nods. "He was worried about you, he checked up on you every hour." She says and I smile to myself and she drags me into the kitchen.

I sit down on a stool as Phoebe makes me some coffee.

"We should go to a spa." Phoebe says handing me my coffee. "Have a nice day to ourselves." She says and I smile. "That would be nice but I don't want to." I say and she nods. "That's okay." She smiles.

I lean into my coffee and grip at it when I hear footsteps heading for the kitchen.

"Hey." Alex says. "Morning." Phoebe smiles. "Coffee?" She asks and he slides into a stool beside me. "Yes please." Alex  says.

"Hey." Alex says turning to me as Phoebe makes him some coffee. "Hi." I answer and sip at my coffee.

"You didn't have to stay last night." I say and he shrugs. "I wanted to." He says and I nod.

"I can take you home if you want." I say and he glances up at Phoebe and gives her a thankful smile as she puts his coffee infront of him. "That's alright." He says and I nod.

He moves the hair off of my face and makes me look up at him. "You look awful." He says and Phoebe chokes on her coffee. "I bet." I answer and he sighs.

"You should go back to bed, you look like you could use it." He says and I shake my head no. "You know if you leave now, you can head home shower and everything and still make it for 2nd period." I answer and he nods. "Probably." He shrugs.

"Alex..." I say and let out a deep sigh. "Stop trying to kick me out. I'm not leaving yet." He says putting his hands on my cheek. "Understand?" He asks and I roll my eyes. "Yes." I say and he releases his hands from my face.

"Now." He says after taking a sip of my coffee. "Are you ready to go back to bed?" He asks and I roll my eyes. "Jesus Alex." I sigh and stand up. "What?" He asks looking down at me. "You're a dick." I say and head back upstairs to go back to sleep.

****
When I wake up again, it was midday. I grab my blanket and drag myself back downstairs.

"Hey." Phoebe says meeting me at the bottom of the steps. "Your mom's home." She says and I look back up at the stairs.

"We have college, mom." Josh argues and Phoebe rolls her eyes. "What's going on?" I ask and she sighs. "Your mom, just come on." Phoebe says taking me to the kitchen.

"Phoebe tell her." Josh says turning to us both. "Oh. Hey." Josh smiles at me and I return the smile.

"What's going on?" I ask avoiding mom's eyes. "Maybe you should go back up to bed." Josh says and I look up at Phoebe. "She should have an input." Phoebe says and Josh glares at him.

"Mom wants to go away for a little while. Just to rest and calm down." Josh says and I turn to mom, who was also avoiding my eyes. "I'm sorry." I apologise and Phoebe rubs my back.

"It's okay." Phoebe says and I stand up as the door bell rings. "It's just Lucy and Alex." Phoebe says and leads me to the door.

"Hi." Lucy says with a wide smile. "Hi." I say softly and she gives me a gentle hug before heading upstairs. My eyes begin to prick so I pull away.