06|Party

Friday

I woke up and got in the shower immediately. As soon as I got out of the shower I blow dried and straightened my hair.

Finding an outfit was possibly the hardest challenge I'd faced this morning. It took me the longest time to pull out the most simplest outfit. I put on black jeans with a navy blue sweatshirt.

I put on the tiniest bit of makeup and rushed downstairs.

I drank some coffee and eat some breakfast when I noticed mom had already gone.

Once I had finished my breakfast and coffee I grab my bag and keys. I head out the door and head straight for Lily's house.

When I arrive she instantly ran out of her house with two bags on her shoulder. She jumped into the passenger seat and threw a bag into the back of the car.

"Hi." I say confused. "Hey." She says happily. "Im still okay to get ready at yours today aren't I?" She asks noticing my confusion. "Oh yeah totally." I say.

****
At lunch I met everyone in the cafeteria. Lily and Ethan were sat together now that they aren't as rocky. Maddie was sat with Tom and Ryder just talking with them. I had no idea where Kyle was.

I sat down beside Ryder at the end of the table. "Hey." He says before taking a bite of some chicken that was being served today. "Hi." I say smiling.

"What have you just had?" He asks and I groan. "Maths, it was the worst." I say and he laughs. "Maths always is." He says playfully.

"Hi." Kyle says sliding down next to me. "Hello." I say before drinking some water.

"Are you ready for tonight's party?" He asks everyone at the table whilst looking at me. Everyone agrees with a "yes" but Kyle turns to me. "Totally." I say with a slight twinge in my tone because I didn't really want to go. I take a sip of my water nervously as he looks at me unconvinced.

"So do you want me to pick you up?" He asks and I glance over at Lily who seemed engrossed in our conversation.

"Actually, me and Lily are getting ready together so you don't need to. Ethan already said he'd take pick us both up from my house." I say and Lily rolls her eyes.

"To be honest this completely works in his favour. Ethan will have to go out of his way to pick us up and go to the party, but you won't. Ethan can pick up Ryder or something and you can take us. Perfect." Lily says and I try to tell her with my eyes that im going to kill her but she didn't seem to notice.

"Are you okay with that?" Kyle asks and I smile. "Of course. I'll text you my address." I say and he nods.

****
When me and Lily arrived at my house I had no clue how to act. No one's ever been to my house before. Well, no friends have. My mom was also really strict on family coming around as well. That's why we always came up to Washington, without dad, instead of them coming to LA.

I went into the kitchen and got some chips and some oreos. "Let's go up to my room." I say taking the snacks upstairs.

I set my bag down on the back of my chair and sit at the foot of my bed. Lily then drops her bags by my desk.

Kyle isn't picking us up until half 8 so we had plently of time.

We sat watching vanpire diaries on my laptop for awhile before Lily decided it was time to get ready.

Lily helped herself to my closet and picked out outfits for me to wear but before we could agree or disagree my mom shouted me down.

"Are you still going to-- oh hello." Mom gets distracted when she looks from me to Lily. "Hi, I'm Lily." Lily says smiling brightly at my mother. My mom smiles from Lily to me like she approves of her. "It's nice to meet you, you can call me Emma." Mom says happily.